Business Analyst - Finance (99731)
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Senior Business Process Specialist – Technology Spend
Accountable for the preparation, review and consolidation of IT plans and budgets especially as
they relate to operating expense management
• Develops, maintains, and enhances the process for IT quarterly and annual planning especially as it
relates to operating expense management
• Able to help provide recommendations to drive cost down across the enterprise based on internal
and external benchmarks
• In partnership with IT Leaders, Finance and Strategic sourcing, ensures the appropriate financial
services are available to effectively manage the IT organization
• Helps understand the levers available to business decision-makers to provide those leaders with a
degree of control over IT cost allocations
Day to Day Support: (30%)
Policies, Procedures and Standards: (15%)
Technical Requirements and Design: (30%)
Project Requirements: (15%)
- Skilled nonlinear thinker who considers multiple starting points to solving problems and multiple directions to apply logic
- Knowledge of business principles from multiple disciplines and ability to apply those principles to achieve results in cross
- functional projects.
- Broad technical and financial background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
- Business-minded: ability to understand business challenges and opportunities
- Over 4 years of progressive Information Technology experience specifically with IT operational processes including Business
- Management, Investment Planning, and Financial management.
- Experience with operating budgets that exceed $10 million, capital budgets greater than $15 million
- Experience working with relevant regulations in IT & utility industries
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution or
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.