Senior Business Process Specialist (101221)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Accountable for the preparation, review and consolidation of IT plans and budgets especially as they relate to capital investment management. Develops, maintains, and enhances the process for IT quarterly and annual planning especially as it relates to capital investment management. Able to help provide recommendations to drive cost down across the enterprise based on internal and external benchmarks. In partnership with IT Leaders, Finance and Strategic sourcing, ensures the appropriate financial services are available to effectively manage the IT organization. Helps understand the levers available to business decision-makers to provide those leaders with a degree of control over IT investment. Contributes to the creation of multi-year strategy(ies), roadmap(s) and investment plan(s) working with the various IT directors to ensure consistency, alignment, and measurements across IT.Key Accountabilities
- Day to Day Support: (30%)
- Policies, Procedures and Standards: (15%)
- Technical Requirements and Design: (30%)
- Training: (10%)
- Project Requirements: (15%)
- Deliver business results and maintain prudent capital investment budget management
- Collaboration with other departments and core functional areas
- Demonstrated ability to communicate narratives to executive leaders and key partners across the organization
- Skilled nonlinear thinker who considers multiple starting points to solving problems and multiple directions to apply logic
- Knowledge of business principles from multiple disciplines and ability to apply those principles to achieve results in cross-functional projects
- Broad technical and financial background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
- Business-minded: ability to understand business challenges and opportunities
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Over 4 years of progressive Information Technology experience specifically with IT operational processes including Business Management, Investment Planning, and Financial management.
- Experience with operating budgets that exceed $10 million, capital investment budgets greater than $15 million
- Experience working with relevant regulations in IT & utility industries
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.