Cyber Analyst/Incident Responder ( R-00073972 )
Leidos is looking for a new Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Fairmont, WV, in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NOAA SOC comprises of 20 analysts performing 24/7 operations.Primary Responsibilities
- Perform against established operational rhythm, expectations and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Part of the 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC, supporting shift coverage
- Perform incident handling responsibilities with direct interface to customers and management team
- Perform analysis on anomalous behavior based on log data from firewalls, packet capture, web proxy services, network flow analysis, intrusion detection, and malware analysis tools
- Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC processes and tools to enhance the mission
- Provide teaching / mentoring junior analysts
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification
- Must be US Citizen. Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or (Interim Top Secret acceptable).
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and experience performing monitoring and responding to threats in Cloud environments.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.