Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst ( 587592-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
The Threat Intelligence team serves as the central intelligence hub for Corporate Information Security to provide actionable intelligence to help protect Verizon from adversaries in a predictive and proactive counter measure.
This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. A Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst is considered a thought leader, willing to mentor and advise others, and have the ability to support operational and strategic growth of the organization. The Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst will break down information into actionable components and support plans of action to understand, mitigate and neutralize threats.
- Identifying threats and providing decision makers with the information they need to combat those threats. This is achieved by close analysis and review of threat intelligence feeds and data
- Facilitate information sharing by developing relationships, forming networks and partnering with different organizations in the business.
- Responsible for supporting tactical and strategic components of the Intelligence function within the SecOps Engineering and Intelligence team.
- Identify and implement automation opportunities to create efficiencies in workflow process.
- Support the effort to identify new intelligence feeds and implement process intake.
- Ensures intelligence analysts conduct pivoting analysis on Threat Intelligence to identify current impact or proactively process mitigations for defense.
- Review reporting of Intelligence analysis with peers and leadership teams for purposes of situational awareness and making Intelligence actionable.
- Support the Threat Management Center during incident response and threat monitoring activities to include intelligence context and analysis support.
- Support the technical growth of junior and mid-career team members during intelligence analysis efforts.
- Review intelligence and technical articles for knowledge sharing.
- Lead strategic projects and develop capabilities to enhance and mature existing cyber Intelligence functions.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with cyber threat intelligence.
- Experience with multiple attack vectors such as Malware, Exploit Kits, Ransomware and Phishing techniques.
Even better if you have:
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry.
- Four or more years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk).
- Previous experience working with threat hunting tools and technologies.
- Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android.
- Detailed understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP).
- Previous experience with Threat Intelligence Tools and Platforms.
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines.
- Previous experience with Malware analysis (automated, static, and dynamic).
- Previous experience with Malware Reverse Engineering.
- Previous experience with scripting and coding (Perl, Python, Shell etc.).
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threat intelligence related to cyber attackers.
- Possesses strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Related Certification (CISSP Associate, CEH, Security+, GREM, GCTI, Splunk Power User, Splunk Admin).
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements.
- Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment.
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).