Chief Technology Officer ( R-00058227 )
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation has an opening for a Chief Technology Officer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
As CTO you will provide technical leadership for IT services, application development, data center hosting and strategic initiatives for a large scale infrastructure contract with the CMS. In this role you will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the contract. You will oversee, guide, and mentor a newly re-organized engineering team. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in technological development.
As a member of the Program’s senior leadership team you will establish clear objectives and effectively communicate business needs, architectural objectives, and expected deliverables to engineering teams. You will be responsible to set a vision for how technology will be used throughout ensuring that the technological resources meet the organization’s short and long-term needs. Key activities will include setting the strategic direction for the program, outlining the goals for research and development and creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services. The position will help to drive executive decisions on behalf of the organization’s technological requirements and maintain a customer focused outlook to deliver solutions to drive increased performance.
You must lead, guide, direct, and encourage engineering teams to develop technical strategies and coordinate across matrixed stakeholders to ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact. In this role you will be the organization’s primary technical POC to our customers, developing new service strategies and assisting IUSG in their enterprise goals and architectural efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting program technology policies, strategies and roadmap.
- Engaging with customers to understand mission and provide strategic approach that will meet short and long-term goals.
- Support the development and timely delivery of organization solutions.
- Leading network and system security architecture design efforts.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineering team members.
- Provide technical guidance across the organization to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Champion and Sponsor new technology insertion and implementation projects.
- Coordinate closely with client leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of business needs, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Champion configuration and risk management activities and develop strategies for process improvements.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for product selection and system design changes that include an impact analysis and coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization.
- Provide consulting to customer stakeholders on approaches.
- Actively participate in engineering groups on enterprise computing changes.
Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 years of prior relevant experience or a BS and 17 years of experience
- Must be experienced in developing strategic plans for deployment of IT services and system upgrades.
- Previous experience leading engineering teams with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse network and system security technologies.
- Hands on experience and knowledge with multiple types of technologies.
- Organization leadership experience.
- Must have CMS experience
Experience working with IUSG on technical contracts.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, dealing with multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
All candidates supporting the HHS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:2000Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: