Dir-Marketing Technology Platforms ( 583656-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Director of VCG Marketing Technology Platforms will provide technical and business leadership to a team that will develop solutions for enterprise catalog, real time marketing, customer communications, outbound marketing, digital personalization and OTT solutions for Verizon’s customers to drive growth and a personalized experience. This person will have to partner with a global team of stakeholders across marketing, customer experience, technology leaders and multiple 3 rd party solution providers to create capture the business needs and holistic solutions that drive speed to market for marketing and enable personalization at scale.
The Director will need to partner with multiple 3rd party SAAS providers (Adobe & Amdocs) and Verizon technology counterparts to create industry first solutions and integrations across various platforms. In addition, this person will be responsible for setting up and running a global center of excellence for Adobe technologies at Verizon and hiring and creating a training plan for Adobe solutions within Verizon.
- Drive technical solutions and designs in Verizon’s North Star architecture while collaborating closely with the systems of engagement, customer experience platforms and decisioning systems.
- Ensure that the systems are robust, scalable, reusable, cloud native, and 24/7 availability.
- Ensure that systems can support major retail days like Apple Device launch, Price Plan launches, Black Friday, etc.
- Build a robust multi-brand catalog that allows for building once and selling anywhere for all products and services.
- Manage the existing legacy applications and build a roadmap and transition plan to move towards the new MarTech stack
- Partner with industry standard bodies like TMForum and adopt and influence standards for product catalog, customer communications and outbound marketing API specifications.
- Develop strategies for application leads to support growth opportunities for products and services. Remain current on all wireless/mobility products and services, industry and competitive trends, and reinforce findings with the team.
- Provide leadership and accountability for the above and ensure that complex designs come to closure, minimizing impacts to internal Verizon systems and increasing subscriber growth, deliver a great customer experience, and profitability.
- Ensures that programs/projects are delivered on time. Deliver results within budget, time, quality and strategic and tactical key performance goals.
- The leader will be responsible for building a highly motivated and talented team, coaching and mentoring them to deliver high quality products and services.
- Partners effectively with Verizon India and other global suppliers to ensure a cost effective working model across the teams
- Define resource capacity plans for all of the above applications. Responsible for management, staffing and operations; make decisions regarding hiring, promotion and disciplinary actions. Coach, train and motivate team to achieve subject matter expertise.
- Hire and train high-performing digital innovation experts.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science; Master’s degree preferred.
- Required knowledge of Sales, Digital experience and Customer service operations.
- Required experience in delivering, large-scale migration from legacy to directional platforms, Cloud deployment, DevOps delivery model, and CICD automation.
- Knowledge of industry standards, experience in working with and integrating multiple 3 rd party platforms.
- Must have demonstrated experience in partnering with Business and IT teams at multiple levels to drive alignment and delivery of complex problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment.
- Strong presentation skills to communicate complex concepts effectively.
- 10+ years of technology leadership, including solid understanding of technology selection, architecture, and full stack implementation.
- 10+ years of wireless industry experience with a focus on large scale transformation programs.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering and Development experience, including leading IT teams through Business Analysis, Project Management, and digital technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting mission critical 24X7 production systems, lead real- time high stake risk mitigation plan and drive timely decisions.
- 8+ years of direct people management experience, including leadership of diverse global teams.
- Experience leading senior talent, mentoring and coaching.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).