Senior Solution Architect ( 595183-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Artificial Intelligence & Data (AI&D) organization at Verizon focuses on delivering the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V teamers and society, responsibly.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, AI and Data Platform, you will work with the Verizon team to identify and qualify AI&D opportunities. You will lead solutioning and scoping to generate estimates and approaches for proposals. You'll provide architecture and design guidance to modernize existing platform or bring new platform capabilities. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Data Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence.
- Conducting full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, "as is" and "to be" scenarios.
- Assessing the full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.
- Leading the discussions and early analysis of the cloud concepts as it relates to Verizon's Journey to -Cloud methodology so that clear use cases are developed and prioritized as well as transitioning these concepts from ideas to proof-of-concepts with the full support of the appropriate teams.
- Comparing solution alternatives across both technical and business parameters which support the define cost and service requirements.
- Helping build the delivery roadmap for the AI&D platforms.
- Interacting with network users, business and IT teams, empathizing with their pain points, analyzing their Platform needs, and driving end-to-end solutioning of data-driven solutions.
- Working closely with end-users, data engineering teams, solution architects, and Cloud teams to design best-in-class solutions and drive joint priorities.
- Establishing contemporary, best-in-class cloud management practices in line with the architectural NorthStar defined by the organization.
- Delivering Proof of Concepts for new Solutions on AI&D platform.
- Functioning as the SME both within Verizon and externally within industry.
- Serving as technical lead and advisor to Verizon India Team.
- Serving as trusted advisor for the business and IT groups.
- Mentoring junior team members on technical and functional skills.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience building and supporting large-scale, business-critical systems on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in designing and engineering solutions in a cloud infrastructure environment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience hosting an application on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage.
- Deliver Proof of Concepts for new Solutions on Cloud.
- Function as SME both within Verizon and externally within industry.
- General operational experience such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of systems.
- Knowledge of cloud design considerations and limitations and their impact on Pricing.
- Proficient in a modern scripting language (preferably Python) for automation of build tasks.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, and Chef.
- Prior experience working with: container technology such as Docker, version control systems (Github), build management and CI/CD tools (Concourse, Jenkins), and monitoring tools (App Dynamics, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills for driving and collaborating cross functional groups.
- Strong focus on customer success and the ability to inspire teams to go above and beyond.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and define the path forward.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).