Enterprise Technology Architect ( 599395-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As part of the PACT (platform, architecture, cloud, and tools) organization is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join its Tech Architecture and Governance team. The candidate will play an Enterprise Architect in the Tech Arch and Governance function, responsible for leading research and evaluations for solutions and tools across the Verizon Ecosystem.
- Responsible for technology selection, assessment, technical evaluation of architecture alternatives and recommending solutions that are simple, scalable and sustainable and above all secure. They will ensure the solution aligns with other Verizon units creating a transparent user experience.
- Able to design and develop a reference implementation for an enterprise scale architecture to prove concepts and architectural patterns, run POCs and provide success criteria, and assist development teams across multiple organizations with architectural solutions and best practices.
- Driving solution development through requirements gathering/analysis/discovery, business plan creation, and solution level of effort estimation to ensure that client interests are met and potential business opportunities are established. Drive to push for on time and on budget development activity and migration of applications
- Responsible for overall Architecture and evolution of next gen platforms. Candidates will research the existing application footprint and recommend solutions to run application workloads with futuristic Architecture. Ability to think out of the box and research solutions that will work for Verizon customers and employees.
- Partner with domain architecture and delivery teams to Deep dive into reported implementation issues for root cause analysis to determine architecture impact and required changes to address/resolve the issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation concerning IT’s technical architecture
- Ability to create Architectural diagrams, system and process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams, internal and infrastructure system dependencies within the functional domain and across them.
- Coaching and mentoring of development teams, conducting brown-bags and implementing Proof of Concepts.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of key Architecture principles and guidelines
- Experience in Solutions and/or Technology Architecture.
- Architecture, design, and implementation experience in the following: Microservices architectures, Cloud-Native architectures, Event-driven architectures, APIs, Domain-Driven Design, Public Cloud (AWS), Serverless, Kubernetes, Docker, DevOps, building scalable, reliable, available solutions, and Performance testing.
- Experience in collaborating and partnering with other technical domain experts such as cloud, security, SRE, and DevOps
Even better if you haveone or more of the following:
- A Master's Degree.
- Communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Technical Product Management with technically managing onshore and offshore developers.
- Experience with SAFe, Scrum, and/or Agile methodologies.
- Experience with leading software developers/architects
- Experience in building and managing a technology product.
- Experience in leading engineers and/or developers in building solutions/systems.
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripting, Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible, Apigee, and visualization tooling.
- Knowledge of the Telecom Industry.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $114,000 and $212,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).