SME Solutions Architect
DescriptionJob Description:The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a SME Solutions Architect to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Bethesda MD. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be considered for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in the following:
- Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems.
- Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products.
- Analyzes and identifies all or part of an organization’s existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs.
- Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the system or subsystem via data exchange methodologies.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Advise government partners and stakeholders on the design, development and/or implementation of information sharing systems.
- Conduct research and analysis of existing systems and solutions within federal government departments and agencies to aid enterprise-wide interoperability and the technical exchange of information.
- Support the identification and resolution of complex issues and develop innovative technical solutions for supporting government operations and requirements.
- Prepare and write technical briefings, position papers, and industry standard engineering artifacts.
- Develop technical project plans and advise the Government on proposed project goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve on-time delivery of products/services.
- Participate in technical exchange and governance meetings used to develop, issue, and monitor the implementation of guidance on systems/architectures.
- Facilitate requirements definition sessions, document requirements, help develop the test cases/scenarios, ensuring consistency in project plans and updates, and support testing modules as these are developed.
- Support evaluation of cloud-based hosting options and recommend solutions. Collaborate with stakeholders to gain consensus, formulate planning and drive progress.
- Take meeting notes as required.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph level clearance is required
- Industry standard certifications are desirable, especially to augment non-STEM degree
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience developing, implementing, or enhancing information sharing systems, preferably for government organizations.
- Working knowledge of existing systems and solutions within federal government departments and agencies, to include the IC;
- Full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle. Hands-on experience developing software solutions using JAVA and/or the .Net environments, and good understanding of the AWS or Azure
- Ability to understand and design technical solutions.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and discipline in identifying and resolving complex issues and developing innovative solutions for supporting government mission business processes and requirements;
- Ability to draft position papers, prepare briefings, and record minutes for executive level interagency meetings;
- Ability to communicate and work with executive-level partners and decision makers;
- Ability to develop project plans and propose project goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve on-time delivery of customer products;
- Past experience with creating/managing and integrating systems with diverse databases, schemas, XML/JSON based exchange specifications like NIEM is highly desired;
- Experience developing test cases/scenarios, ensuring consistency in project plans and updates, and conduct testing modules as these are developed. UML modeling experience is highly desirable;
- Certifications and operational experience with VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure desirable.