Leidos is looking for a Senior Systems Architect to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for System Engineering and support at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Duties include strategy advisory, ensuring the project system is operating correctly and is engineered to handle capacity increases and potential performance enhancements; recommend how to implement new requested capabilities and troubleshoot defects in all environments. The Senior Architect will work closely with testers, developers, configuration management personnel, security experts, deployment engineers, and IRS personnel. The Senior Architect needs to be knowledgeable in network, hardware, and software architecture to support the overall infrastructure and software operations with both Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products and custom code.
- Provide system architecture and engineering support for the full life cycle of a system in support of performance improvements, major changes, enhancements, requested new functionality, and integrations.
- Provide support for all infrastructure updates, upgrades, migrations, and architecture changes
- Support development of a comprehensive Identity and Access Management (IAM) technology plan/roadmap for future upgrades, migrations, and architecture changes
- Provide technical consultation regarding systems provisioning, systems architecture, and systems integration
- Oversee full-lifecycle design, development, testing, and implementation of solutions that manage IRS infrastructure processes and operations, and the associated technical project management
- Oversee technical documentation and SOP development
- Independently perform a variety of system design and engineering tasks to include design and implementation of major enterprise systems development and integration, including supporting personnel, hardware, software, and support facilities and/or equipment
- Function as an SME in one or more specific areas of computer system design and networking
- Plan and perform systems engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with system design, engineering, and customer specifications
- Program Software Architect for evaluation of COTS products for use in the IRS enterprise
- Work directly with the IRS customer and lead architect for architecture decisions, releases, schedules, and procedures
- Design and develop web services, including security architecture solutions, and aid in design and architecture for user facing and internal services
- Troubleshoot IAM applications to determine the root cause of issues and provide related analysis reports
- Create, update, and maintain all project engineering-related doumentation includng design specifications, interface control documents, and user guides
- Provide off-hour support when required
- BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, Middleware Management, documentation, Java, JSP (HTML/XML), UML, RESTful Web Services, Cloud, Containers, DevSecOps, Oracle SQL, Linux/RedHat, Agile, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CICD), CA Identity Manager, CA Directory, CA Advanced Authentication, CA SiteMinder, 508 compliance, IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), Service- and Microservice-based architectures, Zero Trust Architecture
- Experience in Cloud operations such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices as articulated by Agile development practices, as well as DevSecOps, CI/CD, automated testing, containerization, identity management, ICAM (Identity Credential & Access Management), Federation, and OIDC (OpenID Connect)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud based application development
- Ability to be cleared by the US Government via a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
- Knowledge of NIST Special Publication 800-63-3 Digital Identity Guidelines
- Experience working on projects in an IRS/Treasury environment
- Certification in Agile methodology
- Active IRS MBI
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.