Leidos is seeking a chief architect for the Indian Health Service (IHS) Electronic Dental Record (EDR) Program that is a remote US position.
The IHS EDR program currently implements EDR in multiple AI/AN dental clinics throughout the US. This position is to lead a technical team in designing and converting the majority of disparate IHS EDR installations into a centralized and unified system. Design should promote new efficiencies and improved usability from harmonizing many installations into a centralized platform, incorporating features and interoperability capabilities that may not be fully addressable in their current form.
The Technical Lead/Solution Architect must have a background in successfully collaborating with a variety of customers and stakeholders, helping to fill the communication gap between technical and non-technical specialists. The candidate will provide leadership to invigorate technical innovation and must be willing to drive smart change to support a collaborative and innovative culture to provide our customer with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals. By collaborating with and being a part of the project management team, the candidate will provide strategic recommendations and ensure that the solution fits the defined purpose. The candidate will demonstrate both managerial and technical capabilities and experience.
- Serve as Technical Lead and Solution Architect for the EDR-SI (single instance) and DARSY (data analytics and reporting system) tasks on the IHS EDR contract.
- Formulate the top-level architecture of the system solution, including the hardware and software, topology and interconnects, so that the system works as an integrated, cost-effective unit to satisfy contract requirements.
- Define and design a technical solution that meets contractual technical requirements.
- Provide recommendations of roles for future technical positions for the program to implement an EDR Single Instance.
- Constructs system hardware and software design criteria and identifies commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) or reused hardware/software that will fit the intended need
- Perform tradeoffs between the candidate systems on performance, cost, schedule, risk, reliability, etc., using a structured decision analysis methodology to select the best candidate solution for further definition
- Plan and execute analyses and simulations to estimate system performance, availability, reliability, etc., over the full range of operational scenarios, compares these to the requirements, and identify possible risk areas and performance trade-offs
- Review current technology to evaluate capabilities and features
- Develop a technology roadmap and a demonstration plan for higher technical risk components or subsystems (i.e., non-COTS components or components that require development that are near state-of-the-art levels)
- Supports definition of technical performance measures (TPMs) and develops a plan for TPM goals versus requirements, and ways of calculating or measuring TPM values
- Determines functional and physical interface and interconnect specifications and requirements for solution components that interface with customer-furnished equipment (CFE), software,data, or facilities
- Supports planning for verification of all requirements and interfaces through planning activities for analysis, simulation, or test
- Participates in formal and informal reviews
- Formal reviews include System Requirements Review (SRR), System Design Review (SDR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Concept Design Review (CDR), Test Readiness Review (TRR), and others that are contractually specified
- Participates in internal program reviews
- Identify the need for subject matter experts (SMEs) to support the program to meet technical and schedule requirements
- Identify the need for appropriate technical analyses, simulation, design, and verification/test
tools and techniques
- Reviews verification and test procedures
- Acts as the "technical conscience" of the project, so that cost and schedule pressures do not jeopardize solution quality and performance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with remote teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Strong technical writing experience and presenting solutions to both business and technical stakeholders, to include leading technical section approaches
- Navigate between levels of technical detail across a breadth of technologies and capabilities to best understand “as-is” and appreciate the implications of “to-be” recommendations
- Knowledge of IT Security compliance specifications (HIPAA, FISMA, NIST 800-53, FedRAMP)
- Experience with HL7, FHIR, HIEs
- Experience with Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud.
- PMI PMP Certification and/or MBA
- HHS Experience a plus. IHS experience a big plus.
- Experienced with securing at least one of the following cloud service provider types: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS), Security Operations as a Service (SOCaaS)
- Experience with Cameo or other model-based systems engineering tools and practices
- Experience or working knowledge of Dentrix Enterprise
- Experience with databases, namely SQL Server
- Knowledge of Remote Desktop Application deployment
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows OSx, and SQL databases
- Experience with large-scale enterprise system of systems integration and deployment
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.