Cloud Solutions Architect - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The role of Cloud Solutions Architect (Telecommute) will be part of the Optum State Government Data and Analytics Architecture team. This role will be engaged on numerous projects to build, maintain, market, and sell Optum’s health care solutions to state government customers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Architect, plan, and implement public cloud solutions in Azure that balance simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, and supportability
- Respond to RFP’s and write technical content in collaboration with a larger team of writers, solutions architects, and capture managers
- Propose and implement secure configurations of public cloud workloads
- Support product owners and drive engineering solutions following an “everything as code” strategy
- Evaluate new cloud technologies and make substantiated recommendations for improving solution capabilities
- Participate and lead solution design sessions with Delivery and Product teams who require a greater understanding of cloud technologies and analytics applications
- Support the engineering of secure technology solutions that adopt DevSecOps and Cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) within the State healthcare industry
- Mentor and support the development of junior members of the team
- Work with technology vendors to scope, architect, and price their technologies into our solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Software Engineering (will consider experience in lieu of degree specialty)
- 7+ years of experience in data warehousing and analytics applications Solutions Architecture
- 7+ years of experience software engineering using relevant technologies such as Java and APIs
- 4+ years of experience in public cloud solutions design and security controls
- 3+ years of experience publishing engineering patterns or other reusable artifacts for cloud enablement
- Solid communication skills, particularly in writing technical solution proposals to enable compelling solution narratives for new business pursuits
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Azure public or government cloud experience
- Experience with health care data and security requirement relating to government programs
- Experience with cloud-native database solutions such as RedShift, Synapse, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience in application security including authentication and authorization using cloud-native platforms
- Proven track record at delivering software solutions as part of an agile team
- Excellent time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.