Principal Network System Architect
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon has a challenging opportunity for a Principal Engineer with the ability to perform integration/testing engineer duties. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for providing complete front-to-end engineering and implementation of Cisco and Juniper routers, Gigamon appliances, Palo Alto, Juniper and Cisco firewalls, and F5 or other load balancer based IP solutions.
- Supporting, managing and maintaining the code/configuration/migration management tools used in the integration and user acceptance testing environments.
- Integrating and testing solutions involving various security, IP network and IT product sets as well as network-monitoring tool set features.
- Developing acceptance criteria the engineer will conduct, track and manage tests for all new and modified designs including, but not limited to, feature enhancements and/or code upgrades.
- Developing integration and testing procedures for a variety of network equipment (routers, firewalls, load balancers, firewalls and switches) and IT systems.
- Working with Security, Engineering, IT and NSOC personnel to understand and implement all necessary design features. Incumbent will be responsible to document, evaluate and perform user acceptance testing of new/modified equipment, software or services to ensure compliance to specific security requirements.
- Creating processes to identify conflicts during integration or testing, conduct infrastructure defect triage meetings, resolve/correct infrastructure defects found as a result of testing and develop test-to-productions infrastructure turnover requirements.
Where you'll be working...
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location, Ashburn, VA.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Network Engineering experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with focus on Software, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or Network Technology.
- Seven or more years of Network Engineering Experience.
- Three or more years systems integration and test experience.
- Testing IT Systems.
- Using scripting languages.
- Using test automation software.
- Testing software written in C++ or Java.
- Working in Red Hat Linux environment.
- Ability to participate in problem-solving and in the defect resolution process.
- Ability to work individually and in teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to decipher highly technical data.
- Ability to multi-task in an ever-changing work environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.