Solution Architect - Omni Channel
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Enterprise Architecture group is seeking a Senior Architect for a role that interacts with multiple application teams in GTS and AI&D creating and launching new solutions powered by SOI insights, AI/ML, and Pega, Adobe to support Personalized Customer Journeys & Offers, Experiences & Services.
- Designing solutions based on the target technical stack framework (UI Framework using ReactJS for Web and React Native for Mobile, Content Management using AEM and microservices using Spring Boot/React).
- Creating solutions architecture diagrams and supporting design documents (HLD) for Omni & Martech initiatives.
- Being a change agent in the space of performance, reliability, scalability, and high availability of enterprise applications.
- Building long-lasting relationships with business teams to deeply understand their roadmaps, and strategic goals.
- Ensuring use case and overall architecture alignment with roadmaps.
- Conducting reviews, demos and presentations for C-suite and various business executives.
- Leading small & quick POCs to validate critical architectural recommendations.
- Reviewing the latest technical offerings or developments in the industry and determine the fit for the Verizon ecosystem.
- Defining methodologies, best practices, perform research, and evaluate open source and vendor products in the most critical space of non-functional requirements (NFRs) such as performance and scalability.
- Mentoring development teams, providing support and guidance on Verizon EA 2.0 Practice, conducting Brown Bags and Web Sessions to continuously share knowledge and best practices with GTS and business stakeholders.
- Providing continuous evolution of North Star Reference Architecture in several areas such as Fixed Wireless Access Growth & Demand Gen initiatives with marketing teams.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Pega Unified Decisioning Product Suite, and integration of Pega in Enterprise System.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science.
- Experience in Omni Channel Platforms and Decisioning Frameworks (Next Best Action, Offer & Communication).
- Experience in defining and driving Cloud migration and strategy.
- Knowledge of system relationships in enterprise-wide systems to lead groups of designers and architects in successful system initiatives and projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, vendors, platforms and products in the Digital Transformation & Customer Engagement space.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.