Principal Engineer - Oracle EPM Cloud Solution Architect
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
- Provide architectural solution(s) and/or design to product technical leads for implementation
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for Oracle EPM Cloud
- Work with Product Technical Lead/Product Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features
- Develop Proof-of-Concept solutions to validate new architectures and solutions
- Drive common vision, practices, and capabilities across teams
- Leading the product journey from ideation to implementation by partnering with business stakeholders.
- Engage with product technical leads to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Partnering with vendors and participating in various Oracle conferences, innovations, and design workshops to build innovative capabilities in the product roadmap.
- Working closely with the Platform Services team to ensure a timely solution according to the specifications and implementation of business needs.
- Using a flexible and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer-specific solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups and different levels of stakeholder groups (e.g., Top-Management) with various/changing stakeholder demands/requirements and intersections (e.g., IT, Finance, Top-management level).
- Adhering to Verizon policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or Information Systems or four or more years of experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional experience with Oracle EPM or Hyperion Solutions with expertise in Financial Planning, Workforce Planning, Capital Planning, or Profitability, and Costing
- At least 6+ full life cycle implementations that cover every project implementation - Requirements, Design, Build, Test, and Deploy or similar experience on the legacy, on-premises Hyperion product set.
- Willingness to travel. Total 25% or less occasional travel time.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or Information Systems.
- Proven past success with complex system program implementations with Oracle EPM.
- Proficient in authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents
- Ability to perform in a high-volume, fast-paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to manage teams independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across levels.
- Demonstrated highly-developed team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal/external resources to achieve project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty.
- Experience in executive communication including presentation preparation and delivery.
- Experiencing managing across multiple time zones.
- Telecommunications experience.
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDMEE) experience
- Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud (EDM) experience
- Formal training and/or certifications in the Oracle EPM product family.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple cross-divisional work processes and projects.
- Ability to develop, manage, and mentor junior staff. Previous people management or supervisory experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.