Senior UX Design Architect
Senior UX Design Architect
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the Role:
As a Senior UX Design Architect you will be tasked with transforming data assets into personalized, valuable data-driven insights to our internal customers and enable them to leverage data to make key strategic decisions. The Senior UX Design Architect is essential for ensuring we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs. Working alongside the leading BI team within our organization, you’ll have the opportunity to design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, documentation, and much more. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
This is a full-time position with standard working hours of Monday – Friday, standard business hours.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior UX Design Architect:
- Develop the UX/Creative platform strategy
- Develop the Design System
- Lead creative conceptualizing, prototyping, detailed UX/UI design, functionality research, documentation and testing of user experience.
- Seek out new opportunities to streamline processes in the platform to enable a better user experience.
- Contribute to the UX design standards/frameworks and to governance structure across products.
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications of the Senior UX Design Architect:
- Exceptional design talents and a portfolio that evidences stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter and cross-channel expertise in creating user-centric digital experiences for web and mobile.
- Experience designing web applications for desktop users.
- Expert working knowledge of Sketch.
- Working knowledge of HTML, understanding how comps translate to code, and the ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent.
- Ability to seamlessly alternate between dealing with highly technical teams and non-technical business teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and orally to individuals and groups
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior UX Design Architect:
- Experience with GitHub
- Knowledge of ReactJS
- Solid information design abilities, efficient and meticulous production habits, with impeccable problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of designing for Accessibility standards WCAG/508
- Experience with UX writing or technical copywriting
- Exhibit a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and work well with ambiguity
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level user-facing and internal systems, including CMS, commerce, device integration, search and social
- Deep passion for digital products and channels, constantly keeping abreast of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
All telecommuters wIll be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.