At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Join the Bristol Myers Squibb Cloud Data Engineering (CDE) team and help research, implement, and educate colleagues on the latest cloud data, analytics, and AI/ML services and features. CDE is part of the core Bristol Myers Squibb Cloud Team that provides the cloud foundation that Full Stack teams build upon. CDE’s focus is all things data, from our operational cloud components to our business unit colleagues’ data and analytics challenges. Full Stack teams' partner with us to learn how to implement solutions in the cloud.
- Research new AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud services relevant to Cloud Data Engineering, such as big data, analytics, and AI/ML, and help implement them in the BMS Cloud ecosystem.
- Provide architecture, engineering, and operational guidance to BMS Full Stack teams using cloud data services.
- Architect and build foundational cloud capabilities at scale (i.e. multi-AWS account), such as centralized data management, core cloud logging and telemetry, and machine learning service offerings.
- Collaborate on Amazon S3-based data meshes and lakes, including spoke components of Lake Formation, Glue, Redshift, RDS, Athena, and other related services.
- Collaborate on AI/ML platforms, such as SageMaker, Textract, Comprehend, and other related services.
- Help oversee the BMS Azure foundation, including core infrastructure, networking, IAM, security, and CI/CD, that Full Stack teams build upon.
- Drive cloud architecture and cost optimizations in the cloud data space.
- Advocate BMS technical challenges and feature requests in meetings with AWS, Azure, and GCP product and account teams.
- Attend sessions and trainings to stay up-to-date on new cloud skills, services, and features and present findings and recommendations back to BMS colleagues.
Skills – Required:
- 4-6 years of Cloud experience, or 6-8 years of IT experience
- Hands on technical experience building and supporting cloud applications in AWS.
- Working in a multi-account AWS enterprise footprint.
- Creating, updating, and debugging cloud infrastructure via infrastructure-as-code, such as CloudFormation (preferred) or Terraform.
- Leveraging the AWS, Azure, or GCP CLIs and SDKs (e.g. AWS boto3) to perform core infrastructure management.
- Developing cloud solutions with modern programming languages, such as Python or Node.js.
Skills – Preferred:
- Hands on technical experience in Azure (preferred) or GCP.
- Working in a multi-tenant Azure (preferred) or GCP enterprise footprint.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.