Apex Functional/Technical Lead & Architect
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
BMS is looking for a full time, experienced Functional/Technical Lead with deep experience in Microsoft Technologies: .Net (ASP and C#), SQL Server, Azure DevOps. Cell Therapy Patient Services Techno-Functional Senior Manager Manufacturing Slot Planning Lead will be responsible for functional and system requirement analysis, architecture, technical designs, monitoring adherence to the best practices in the implementation and ongoing continuous improvement of our custom developed “Manufacturing Slot Planning and Allocation” platform built on Microsoft toolset., This role will monitor the progress of the product development and facilitating discussions with vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate regularly with a diverse range of internal ITt and functional teams to provide solution options and corresponding technical design direction for the development team
- Participate in Cell Therapy cross-platform process requirement analysis and design forums and propose solutions to meet the cross-platform needs
- Collaborate with our product and business teams to identify, pursue and shape future business development opportunities, requirements gap analysis, grooming and estimation
- Leads discussions for the architecture of products/solutions and creates proposals for architecture by testing design hypotheses
- Design and delivery of solutions on Microsoft Technologies: .Net (ASP / C#), SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, etc
- Guide team on CI/CD and DevOps using Azure DevOps
- Mentor and guide the team on solution delivery using Microsoft Technologies
- Design integrations with external systems using best practices
- Guide team on the integration development with external systems
- Define metrics and regular reports and dashboard measuring service performance
- Enforces security controls, maintains the system roles and authorization processes
- Keeps continuous improvement and process efficiencies in mind when evaluating releases and enhancements
- Contribute to the technical roadmap and help in technology selection and evaluation
- Review the customization on platform and ensure platform is consistent with standards established
- Participate in technical design sessions with the development teams
- Perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to the pre-defined architecture/design/best practices/code quality
- 10+ years of experience in technical project execution and/or technology consulting on large enterprise implementations
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft Technology like .Net, SQL Server, Azure DevOps
- Experience working with Onsite and Offshore teams
- Experience on systems supporting multi-product, multi-regions scheduling would be a plus
- Experience on Salesforce or integrations with Salesforce would be a plus
- Experience on integrations with Manufacturing and ERP systems would be a plus
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification(s) a plus
- SQL Server certification(s) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information and concepts to audiences at all levels
- Ability to manage a complex vendor environment
- Ability to manage a global team in a matrix organization
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Technology: .Net, SQL Server, Azure DevOps
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM)
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.