Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
What Will You Do?
The UX Architect is responsible for information architecture and user experience design for the Company’s eCommerce platform, encompassing all consumer-facing web channels. This position will act as the user-experience lead over large digital initiatives with support from junior team members.
The UX Architect advocates for the end user throughout the project lifecycle and firmly practices the user-centered design methodology. This position will plan and conduct user research, using a variety of research methods, and provide actionable insight and recommendations that inform critical design decisions for current and future projects. The UX Architect supports the identification of business goals and key performance indicators for the digital experience and is responsible for ensuring that any creative or other visual elements that impact the user experience meet or exceed the needs of our users and best practices.
The UX Architect will work and collaborate with the UX team members as well as stakeholders, product owners, project managers, business analysts, creative, visual design, development, quality assurance, delivery and other teams, to create the user experience and any required documentation needed to bring high quality experiences to life and ensure Ashley is the leading online retailer for home goods.
The UX Architect is accountable for user experience design on their assigned projects and ensuring existing and future user experiences are maintained and continually optimized based on data-driven insights that contribute to a best-in-class user experience. The best-in-class user experience will meet or exceed user’s wants and needs and will contribute to the Company’s goals to increase conversion and average order value, as well as other business objectives.
- Ensure that creative and other visual elements meet or exceed the needs of our users, best practices and our desired user experience as defined through research and analysis.
- Ensure that existing user experience is maintained and continually optimized based on data-driven insights.
- Work closely with the business, the business and other internal cross-functional team members to ensure current ecommerce projects are functioning as designed and documented. Ensure business and functional specification documentation is complete and all cross-functional parties are aligned. Provide scope requirements when needed; provide feedback and perform user-acceptance testing (UAT) as required. Support enhancements and bug fixes. Serve as an internal sounding board for user experience concerns.
- Conduct research to generate explicit user experience requirements for all digital channels. Research and analyze new technologies, trends, and innovations, interpreting consumer research and data from usability testing, remote testing, web analytics, focus groups and other research methods.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements.
- Perform audits of existing and proposed user experience via competitive analysis, feature/function benchmarking, heuristic evaluation, and other methodologies; document and share insights.
- Lead new concept ideation; connect and communicate the impact of new ideas to existing customer experiences and business processes. Develop new and intuitive approaches to UX design and architecture.
- In addition to desktop, ensure our users will have a best-in-class user experience on mobile and tablet; this may include responsive design, mobile-site, mobile app, tablet app, etc.
- Utilize business requirements and research findings to conceive and model clean and effective designs via wireframes and prototypes.
- Define relevant user flows and journeys for specific functionality
- Create key artifacts such as scenarios, user flows, style guides, mock-ups, rapid prototypes, and other fundamental documentation to ensure the business and IT are in sync on the design of the final solution.
- Collaborate with the UX team on designs, standards and style guide.
- Continually iterate on designs based on feedback, research data and application performance.
- Clearly articulate and justify design decisions and present designs at all levels of the business.
- Partner with the ecommerce team to establish, measure and monitor the user experience and consumer engagement benchmarks. Assist in driving segmentation optimization to ensure the success of specific target marketing efforts. Identify and analyze customer behavior changes such as sales revenue spikes, conversion traffic, abandonment, pathing, engagement, etc. and react to those insights to help drive incremental conversion and revenue. Analyze reports on user experience and KPIs to identify growth and improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions
What Do You Need?
- 3 years’ experience working in ecommerce or similar B2C capacity, preferably for a multichannel retailer, Required
- Bachelor Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Science, Psychology, User Experience or equivalent work related experience.
- Experience working with complex websites and applications
- Experience in ecommerce or other similar transactional site
- Full understanding of UX design.
- Strong communication and partnering skills to establish strong alliances with cross-functional departments.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven, high performance culture.
- Ability to develop strategies around business goals and objectives.
- Ability to lead the prioritization of projects to ensure the business is working on the projects that will achieve the biggest results for increasing conversion/sales/revenue.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Ability to develop intuitive experiences for desktop, responsive and adaptive web as well as native mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of wire framing and design applications such as Figma, Axure, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Visio, InVision App, Sketch, Illustrator, PhotoShop or related
- Knowledge of current trends in customer experience and ecommerce design thinking
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, methodologies, best practices and approaches, particularly as applied to web- and mobile-based applications
- Creative thinking skills
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative user research
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities changes on short notice
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
Who Are We?
At Ashley, we’re more than a business…we’re family. As the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world, we know what it takes to build incredible furniture and future leaders. We’re problem solvers with the grit to persevere during challenging times and innovators who won't coast when times are good. We create solutions, not excuses. And never settle for status quo. It’s the reason we’re always searching for better ways to delivering an exceptional customer experience. That's why Ashley Furniture is #1 in our industry.
If you’re driven, determined, and possess a winning attitude, we invite you to join our team. We’ll warmly welcome you with friendly faces, creative spaces, and a growth-focused mindset to help you achieve your career goals. It’s what we’ve done since 1945. In fact, our teamwork, talent development, and desire to continuously improve demonstrate we’re a company whose passion is put into every action.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today and find your home at Ashley.
Our Core Values
- Honesty & Integrity
- Passion, Drive, Discipline
- Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence
- Dirty Fingernail
- Growth Focused
Ready to grow? You’ve come to the right place. Ashley Furniture has a “Growth Mindset”, and once you join our team, you’ll learn from the best in the business. Our on-the-job training, and educational programs are designed to help you master your craft and advance your career here. That’s why we provide continuous improvement and learning opportunities throughout the year.
Ashley also gives back — to our employees and the communities in which we live and serve. We support community development in a multitude of ways, including honoring our military, and first response teams, and investing in medical research. We also strive to be an industry leader in waste reduction by increasing recycling and upcycling in our manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and retail spaces.
Programs We Support:
- Soldiers Walk Memorial Park
- Operation Shut Eye
- Aiding First Responders
- City of Hope
- Hope to Dream
- Ashley’s Angels
- Crisis Response
- Scholarship Programs and Tuition Reimbursement
Benefits We Offer
- Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount on home furnishings
- On-the-job Training
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Ashley Wellness Centers (location specific) and Medical Tourism
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position
- requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.