SAP Enterprise Architect
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Architect in IBM Consulting, you'll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You'll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
SAP Enterprise Architects serve as the conduit between businesses and technology. You will use your analytical and problem-solving skills, to craft adaptable, comprehensive suites appropriate for each client. The SAP Enterprise Architect will provide senior level expertise to design e-business solutions and lead a project team in delivering the detailed design.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Provide high-level consulting expertise across projects or project teams
- Work with customers to strategize new business models and solutions
- Convert high-level user requirements into a deliverable design specification, define component architectures, and assist in task estimates and project scope
- Select tools and products to facilitate the implementation of the architecture.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 years of experience in distributed computing architecture
- Experience in web application development, legacy systems integration, object oriented analysis and design, n-tier and client server architectures, and database proficiency
- Ability to earn a DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP business process experience
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and the development of the associated architecture products
- Knowledge and/or training in Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) modeling standard (BPMN modeling experience preferred)
- Experience in documenting business process flow diagrams including the descriptions defining the objects and flows in a manner that is grammatically correct and is clear and understandable to multiple audiences
- Experience using architecture modeling tool to generate reports and to maintain architecture views (preferably using System Architect)
- Knowledge in new emerging technologies such as SAP HANA or equivalent operating systems
- US Navy project experience
- DoD project experience
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM