At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is focused on IBM Sterling Data Exchange suite of solutions and will apply their advanced and specialized knowledge of these product solutions, which include IBM Sterling Supply Chain Business Network, IBM Sterling Secure File Transfer, IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, IBM Sterling Partner Engagement Manager and IBM Sterling Transformation Extender technologies. This individual has a key role in fulfillment of various projects in accordance with approved Statements of Work (SOW) for IBM’s Expert Services. They are responsible for defining requirements, designing, installing, configuring, customizing, and implementing the IBM products in accordance with the clients’ specific business requirements. This individual will participate in requirements gathering and design sessions with our clients. They will also be responsible for analyzing existing processes and translating business requirements into technical designs.
This role has a thorough understanding of the nature of the business problems in a wide range of industries, and the products and solutions that provide value in solving those problems. Is knowledgeable in the trends and directions of the industry, the marketplace, and the players. The main focus will be to leverage their product and technical expertise with the IBM products to design, develop and customize solutions to fit each customer’s unique business and technical environments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Direct experience in the following IBM products and technologies: IBM B2BI/SFG, ITX/ITXA, SSP/SEAS, ICC, PEM, Gentran, Connect:Direct or Connect:Enterprise.
- Strong experience with capacity planning, scalability, performance, and load testing.
- Strong knowledge of integration concepts and commonly used patterns, able to apply such knowledge in solution design
- Experience or strong knowledge of communication and data handling protocols (AS2, PGP/GPG, S/MIME, HTTPS, FTPS/SFTP/SCP/OFTP, POP3/SMTP, Web Services/SOAP/REST, WebDAV, etc.)
- Experience or strong knowledge of industry data standards (ACH, ANSI X12, EDIFACT, HIPAA, RosettaNet, SWIFT, TRADCOMS, etc.)
- Experience or strong knowledge of application programming/scripting technologies (Java/J2EE, AJX, ASP, BPEL/BPML, SQL, XSLT, Linux/Unix/Windows shell scripts)
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise database technologies like Oracle RAC, DB2, and MS SQL Server Enterprise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with IBM complementary products: IBM WebSphere family, Cognos, IBM Cloudant, IBM Cloud Paks and Instana
- Experience with DevOps including implementing automated Build and Release Pipelines (aka Ansible, ArgoCD, Chef, Rancher, etc.)
- Knowledge of RedHat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) and deploying container applications
- Knowledge of ETL, JSON, Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of popular ERP systems, such as SAP
- Strong experience working with senior IT and non-IT executives on a daily basis
- Demonstrated experience in multi-shore management, teamwork and execution
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM