As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role will design and develop Appian solutions. This will include:
• Implementing end-to-end process automation using Appian and other intelligent automation technologies
• Performing code reviews for Appian developers
• Conducting root cause analysis for Appian outages
• Restoring Appian services in the event of an outage
• Developing Appian-based solutions using all object types available in Appian.
• Integrating with external applications using REST and SOAP-based APIs.
• Developing Appian plugins (Java)
• Updating Appian plugins for security vulnerabilities
• Reviewing Application performance and suggesting improvements
• Reviewing Environment performance, provide recommendations on sizing, and identify resource needs prior to bottlenecks
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Certified Level 2 Appian Developer
• 3+ Years of experience as a hands-on Appian Developer in a senior/lead role for production applications
• 1+ years of experience developing Appian Plugins
• 1 Year of experience managing an on-premise Appian Production Environment
• 2+ years of experience in configuring, debugging, and systems integration including configuring user interfaces, reports, underlying logic, and interface components as a developer.
• 2+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL scripting.
• 3+ years of experience in all phases of software development for large-scale business critical applications following Agile methodologies.
• 2+ years of experience in the design and implementation of SOAP and REST APIs
• Broad-based general technology ecosystem and industry understanding
• Ability to earn a VA clearance (US citizen or green card holder)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years of recent work experience on a software development project in a Federal government setting
• Experience defining and documenting architecture for technology implementations leveraging different architectural views
• 1 Year of Experience With Java
• Experience with Appian For Kubernetes
• Application Performance Optimization
• NoSQL databases
• Cloud Resource Management
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork and facilitation
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM