Principal Solution Architect ( R-00053190 )
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Description of Business Environment:
Leidos is a unique and growing systems and service integrator, delivering innovative solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and change in frontline digital services. In response to the demands of the growing business Leidos requires a number of Solution Architects to support the pre-sales, bid and ultimately delivery phases for Devolved Government, UK Government, Energy & Transport focused Digital modernisation programmes.
Solution Architects shape and develop holistic solutions in response to primarily business level requirements, with a cognitive ability to ‘abstract’ and ‘connect the dots’. They have an ability to navigate through loosely defined and complex situations to create crisp and clear outcomes. As seasoned professionals, they rely a broad experience across both the business and technical domains, with multiple areas of deep knowledge and experience they bring to bear to create, communicate and deliver holistic technology, service and delivery solutions.
Required Skills and Fit:
The preferred candidate will have the following skills:
- A strong leader, with organisational acumen and personal presence that drives confidence and followership both internally and externally.
- Excellent customer facing and pre-sales skills, including being able to ingest large volumes of requirements and information in a competitive environment, developing clear understanding of customer hot-buttons and needs, building rapport with the client and leading teams to create holistic, relevant, durable and elegant solutions demonstrating cognisence, understanding and relevance in response.
- Experience of working in new business environment, shaping and bidding on large and complex programmes, with outstanding ability to translate often complex technical environments into coherent and understandable solutions communicated both orally and in the written form, often in highly compressed and customer structured response documents.
- Significant, tangible and demonstrable experience in the solution design of large, complex and mission critical IT systems, services and transformation programmes, with a track record of accomplishment bringing credibility to engagements.
- Demonstrable knowledge and cognisence of adjacent disciplines, including programme management, customer relationship management, business development and financial management - ensuring optimised, holistic, winning and deliverable solutions that delight customers.
- An excellent communicator, ensuring solutions are communicated in relevant, compelling and engaging fashions across written, visual and oral mediums, including up to executive level.
- In-depth experience across a number of broad technology disciplines, including domains such as digital transformation, application consolidation, infrastructure design & migration (including Cloud & Data Centre), software development, service integration, and data analytics.
- Excellent knowledge of Service Management and its application to the delivery of successful services.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security and its application to modern secure IT systems and services.
In addition the successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and personal characteristics:
- Demonstrated expertise designing, implementing and integrating large enterprise grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- Ability to provide clear technical leadership whilst working collaboratively with a wider solution and bid team
- Strong problem-solving with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strategic thinker, coupled with an output focused approach to getting the job done – particularly in a bid scenario.
- Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), including the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, work to tight deadlines, prioritise workloads and work with related business functions
- Will be required to undergo security clearance (SC level minimum).
Solution Architect candidates may be drawn from a variety of different roles in other organisations, including those with titles such as:
- Account CTO
- Chief Architect
- Pre-Sales Consultant
- Pre-Sales Architect
- Solution Owner
- Solution Director
- Senior Consultant
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
External Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Other ClearanceTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:37.5Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Solution ArchitectPay Range:
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)