Principal Solution Architect ( R-00066458 )
The National Solutions Operation at Leidos has a challenging opportunity for a Principal Solution Architect to work in our Chantilly, VA office. This is a forward leaning opportunity to support new business pursuits and surge support to existing programs by providing innovative solutions to complex technical challenges within the Intelligence Community. Leidos is seeking a motivated, customer focused technologist who can bring together solutions which are relevant to the customer's mission as well as innovative and discriminating. We value your creativity and looking for team players who can work collaboratively to bring together the best solutions. We are a team of mission minded technologists that work closely with the business divisions and business development teams, to meet with customers to understand their challenges and needs, and develop technical solutions. These solutions should consider commercial industry trends, best practices, emerging methodologies, customer mission realities, and affordability. To be considered, you must have a current and active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical foundation, is customer focused, has experience putting together end to end solutions for pursuits, comfortable with ambiguity, brings a proven track record of successful program executions and capture efforts, and is driven to grow the business with technical excellence in all arenas. You must be an effective communicator, a strong collaborator across a broad spectrum of stakeholders, and able to lead a diverse and dispersed team of professionals.
- Serve as Lead Solution Architect for major captures and pursuits
- Support customer meetings and demo's and capability briefings in concert with the business development team.
- Lead and author Request for Information (RFI's) and white papers
- Support capture efforts as needed to author technical sections of the RFP, as well support generation of Basis of Estimate (BOE's) and BOE justification descriptions.
- Provide Operation and Division level expertise aligned to Leidos Technical Core Competencies (TCCs) (Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and Mission Support).
- Provide surge support to programs with focus on complex technology issue resolution
- Support the building of technology strategy and roadmap within the Operation
- Review and assess vendor technology solutions
- A current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required for consideration.
- Requires Masters with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 5+ years of Satellite Operations experience and sustainment of ground systems
- Knowledge of complex distributed ground system to include network (LAN/WAN)
- Knowledge of software and system test and validation process
- Knowledge of the basic satellite systems and operations to include sensor integration, telemetry, command and control, and communications systems
- Possess strong systems engineering discipline in one or more of the following focus areas: architecture and requirements development, readiness, IV&V, transition to operations, risk management, configuration management, technology planning and insertion, and performance assessment
- Prior experience with space/ground systems engineering, requirement management, CONOPs development, and system integration of overhead collection systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project coordination, and possess a strong dedication to a teaming dynamic
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as on a multi-disciplinary team to build consensus and resolve issues
- Experience in the design, development, test, and implementation of space satellite systems
- Strong experience as a technical design lead on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and planning skills
- Experience with Models Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience supporting US Intelligence Community customers
- Minimum 7 years’ experience leading technical teams
- Basic knowledge and Proficiency with space architectures
- Experience in satellite orbital mechanics and dynamics modeling
- Familiarity with modeling languages, including STK, Python, Matlab, or similar
- Familiarity with satellite ground programs and processes
- Extensive experience with the following: Satellite sensing modalities, including Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR), and SIGINT
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning application