Technical Architect ( 577355-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we are on a multi-year journey to industrialize our data practices and AI capabilities. Very simply, this means that AI and data will fuel all decisions and business processes across the company. At 130B+ dollars in annual revenue, this is a pioneering opportunity to build the data products and talent at a top global telco organization. With our leadership in bringing 5G network nationwide, the opportunity for AI and Data will only grow exponentially in going from enabling new revenue opportunities and exquisite customer experience through real-time data insights.
We are looking for a experienced Technical Architect who will be responsible for developing and driving the execution of strategies to evolve the customer experience.
- Moving pipeline curation from a Hadoop ecosystem to the cloud.
- Partner with peers to ensure governance, data quality, and security controls are bulletproof.
- Establish long lasting business partnerships with the goal of: identifying opportunities to reduce the operating cost in running the nation’s best wireless and wireline networks, Leverage Network data to identify new revenue sources and Maintain and improve the stellar experience our customers expect of the Verizon’s network products.
- Contribute in all phase of a projects lifecycle -- Including Project Management, Architecture, Analysis, Design, Construction, Quality Assurance, CI/CD deployments and post production issue resolution.
- Understanding a business vision or high level strategy, breaking it apart into its individual features or units of work, and then collaboratively working in a team environment to achieve the desired results.
- Applying best practices, managing stakeholder expectations, collaboration of solution approaches, and positioning implementations for ongoing success.
- Interact with Individual Contributors and/or Subject Matter Experts as well as leaders within our peer organizations as well as within the business.
- Provide accurate and concise executive updates for projects and able to resolve issues escalated from business and functional areas.
- Evaluate tools for use case fit, perform vendor/tool comparisons, present recommendations and then drive adoption of the recommendation across the global delivery team.
- Design and develop platform standards, common reference architecture and data governance policies.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or other related field.
- Experience in collaborating across a wide range of internal/external teams with data engineers, architects, data scientists and enterprise platform team in designing and deploying data products.
- Fluent understanding of best practices for building Data Lake and analytical architectures on GCP/Big Query, Hadoop and Teradata.
- Proven experience in collaborating with data engineers, architects, data scientists and enterprise platform team in designing and deploying data products.
- Programming experience with database technologies (SQL, NOSQL).
- Experience in designing and building data pipelines leveraging Python, Spark, and Flink.
- Strong ability to apply business mindset to data issues and initiatives.
- Ability to integrate cross-business strategies and manage enterprise-wide resources.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, emerging trends and issues, business and technology.
- Familiar with Agile Development methodologies (PODs, SAFE Scaled Agile) and enabling tools (Jira, Rally, CI/CD).
- Proactively identify potential areas of performance improvement, problem avoidance, capacity limitation and work with Engineering/Planning/Operations organizations for appropriate and timely action.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).