Infrastructure Domain Architect - Winnipeg (89648)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for in-depth knowledge in one or more domain, where the knowledge will be applied across multiple business solutions. Technology - Definition and communication of the Target Technology and Infrastructure Architecture Blueprint. The Target Technology and Infrastructure Architecture Blueprint includes Technology Principles, Technology and Infrastructure Strategy, Technology Strategy, Technology Standards, Technology Reference Models, Technology and Infrastructure Modeling Guidelines etc. Processes - Definition and communication of the Target Business Services and the Target Process Architecture Blueprint. The Target Process Architecture Blueprint includes Business Process Principles, Business process Strategy, Business Process Standards, Business Process Reference Models, Process Patterns, Business Process Modeling Guidelines etc.
Develop and maintain the Infrastructure Domain architecture and evolutionary path/roadmap to the desired future state architecture;
Provide standards and prescriptive guidance to the solution architects and IT project managers when needed to ensure that the future roadmap unfolds as envisioned;
Lead the development of multi-year plans and roadmaps, to ensure that IT investment decisions in infrastructure are properly sized and scoped in the context of our roadmap and CP strategies, goals, and objectives;
Actively develop and support IS Infrastructure & Operations activities, and ensure that domain goals and objectives are appropriately represented and reflected in our investment plans and projects;
Ensure that all domain architectures constructed and/or acquired comply with IT architectural standards and directions.
- College or University degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Engineering along with 10-15+ years of progressive experience in the selection, delivery and management of infrastructure supporting information systems within medium to large companies;
- Engineering or IS project management experience is an asset;
- Seven to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including technical architecture, network design, application development, middleware, servers and storage, database management, and operations;
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture;
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives;
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems;
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").