Director, Data Analytics Consultant. Client Facing - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, Data Analytics, Data Platforms and Data Partnerships, leads a team of analysts to enable and support clients (external and internal) in use of Optum’s de-identified data using innovative solutions driven through Optum’s De-Identified Data Workspace (ODDW). The Director defines, curates and shares best practices in exploratory data analysis from diverse datasets containing structured and unstructured data. The Director also applies knowledge of real-world data and real-word evidence, statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to build value for clients using our data. The Director is a key contributor to advances in ODDW, to identify opportunities for ODDW development and improvement. The Director uses flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate how our data supports clients use, including predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. Director is highly proficient with analytics and statistical software including SQL, R, Python and others to perform analysis and interpret data. The Director owns end to end processes for data analytics in ODDW and is responsible for contributing to. site strategy, plans, production and/or organizational priorities. The Director Identifies and works collaboratively to resolves technical, operational, and organizational problems inside and outside of the data analytics team. The Director provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of a team of experienced data analysts and supports the work and development of the team. The Director also leads and contributes to cross-functional team projects and solutions, collaborating to enable clients to maximize value and insights from Optum’s data assets.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead team in the support of external and internal clients with diverse needs and backgrounds, including life science companies and health systems, using expertise attaining value from real-world datasets through Optum’s cloud-based environment ODDW and tools
- Manage the day-to-day operations and leadership for a high-performing team of data analysts and programmers
- Lead and collaborate with ODDW team members to deliver actionable data and data dashboards and visualizations using Optum’s real-world de-identified EHR- and Claims-based data assets through the extraction, analysis, interpretation of healthcare data to address internal and external client questions and needs including research activities to evaluate health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, and provider performance
- Research, evaluate, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build sustainable ODDW platform, including identification of gaps and opportunities for improvement of existing solutions
- Represent team on the design, implementation, and maintenance of high-quality and scalable ODDW tools and solutions
- Measure the value and help improve the effectiveness of the ODDW’s tools directed towards external clients
- Evolve measurement criteria and systems to track daily processes, implementation of new initiatives and projects
- Serve as a resource for others on the team for data analytics methodological and reporting questions
- Lead complex projects independently, including review and QA of work of other team members.
- Translate initiatives into actions through a thoughtful, organized and well-planned approach
- Clearly present relevant and meaningful findings to leadership and clients
- Support departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational needs and requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree (or equivalent) in data analytics, statistics, or other related discipline
- 10+ years of analytics experience, with at least 50% being healthcare experience
- 7+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 3+ years of direct people leaderships experience
- 3+ years of cloud environment experience (including 2+ years working within an AWS cloud using native or other tools)
- 3+ years healthcare or related consulting experience
- Experience with data interpretation, analysis and reporting on clinical and claims service utilization
- Demonstrated experiencing conducting analytics with claims and EMR/EHR data
- Demonstrated experience in documentation for conducting analytics and data tools utilization and optimization
- Background in product development, business development, client management or program/project management
- Demonstrated proficiency in python, SQL, R, SAS or other programming language
- Demonstrated skillset and ability to conduct client presentations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.