SAP QA/Test Automation Consultant Tosca
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an SAP Quality Assurance/Test Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM's offerings and technologies. A successful Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Execute regression test scripts within a Quality Assurance (QA) environment in a manual and automatic fashion to support scheduled and unscheduled releases
- Record test results within the applicable test tracking tool
- Review and load test plans into test tracking tool to validate functionality and requirements
- Review design and technical packages to ensure quality and the proper processes are followed
- Manage / Coordinate regression test events with program stakeholders
- Develop / Update / Maintain automated test scripts based on test plans submitted by the systems integrators
- Perform upgrade / maintenance tasks of a test tracking tool
- Perform analysis of, document, report, escalate, triage and resolve issues / defects / bugs found during regression testing
- Provide testing metrics to show progress of each regression test event
- Create, update, and maintain test strategy, standard operating procedures, processes, policies, etc. surrounding regression test
- Utilize WorkSoft technology to execute automated test scripts (CBTs)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years of SAP Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in one or more SAP functional/module area.
- Minimum of 3 years advanced experience in WorkSoft Certify and Tricentas Tosca automation technology.
- Ability to evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term / long term project growth and success.
- Ability to translate requirements / user stories into in-depth test cases.
- Ability to define / develop data management strategy and plans.
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills with project functional teams to identify beneficial automation candidates.
- Technical expert across multiple project assignments in SAP, S/4 Hana, Fiori, CI/CD intergration and Agile concepts.
- • Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post-production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as ECC, BW, SCM, SRM in a Tier 3 environment.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work with limited oversight.
- Must be able to work with remote / global team successfully.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline. Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in QA/Regression testing of IT solutions may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Active Secret Clearance (must be clearable)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- US Navy project experience.
- DoD project experience.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, and ability to troubleshoot issues and provide solutions.
- Shows initiative and goes above and beyond to assist others as needed.
- In-depth understanding of industry standards.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM