SAP Solution Manager - Package Consultant
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Serves as Release Management Lead to provide business, technical and personnel management to subordinate groups of technical and administrative personnel across multiple disciplines such as engineering, application program and systems development. The Release Manager is responsible for the overall, day-to-day management of a specific task order or group of task orders affecting the same or related/interdependent systems. The Release Manager schedules and assigns work to subordinates and subcontractors and monitors progress and resolves discrepancies to ensure compliance with work/quality standards and contract/task order requirements. The Release Manager ensures that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order(s) are implemented within estimated timeframes and budget constraints. The Release Manager reports orally and in writing to the Program Manager, contractor management, and government representatives. In the absence of the Program Manager, the Release Manager may serve as the Contractor's authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer, the Contracting Officer's Representative/Technical Representative (COR/COTR), government management personnel, and agency representatives and is authorized to negotiate and make decisions binding on the Contractor. Introduces innovative approaches and methodologies for processes and support systems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ten (10) years knowledge of SAP enterprise COTS implementation.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Provides services in support of production release management (eg, software configuration management and version control) to include those activities necessary for managing and executing the systematic planning, packaging, scheduling, and release of software, technical, business, data, and access changes to the Navy ERP SAP production and non-production environments.
- Makes sure that release teams efficiently deliver the applications and upgrades required by the business while maintaining the integrity of the existing production environment.
- Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for customer, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Ability to effectively supervise others.
- Demonstrated experience presenting briefing to senior customer management and customer stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience Navy ERP configuration management process and release management.
- Demonstrated the ability to build and manage a detailed IMS for a large engagement.
- Familiar with Navy and/or DoD IT architectures.
- Federal experience required (DoD experience preferred)
- DoD clearance required (must be clearable)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Five (5) Years of Navy ERP experience
- Five (5) Years of Solution Manager/CHARM
- SAP Functional background
- Configuration Management
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM