Summer 2024 Consultant Intern - IBM Consulting (Commercial)
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
During your 10-12 week summer internship, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to:
- Join our IBM North America intern community and meet other IBMers during networking events, special team events and career development activities
- Participate on a consulting project or initiative and experience first-hand how we help transform their business
- Focus on our clients' technical and business needs to co-create solutions that add value
- Work collaboratively to deliver innovative solutions for clients
- Develop an understanding of our client’s future state goals and processes, then define the steps needed and leading technologies to help turn their goals into reality
- Learn about a client’s industry, tackle new challenges, and learn about how their business and technology intersect.
Work you could do as a Consultant Intern:
IBM provides a variety of solutions to clients and our specialized teams serve these needs. As a result, the specific work and technologies vary by the team you may be joining. Below is a list of the types of work Associate Consultants do:
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
- Run or support workshops, meetings, and stakeholder interviews
- Document requirements from product owners/ business leads
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of IBM solutions
- Define current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions)
- Work with clients using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
- Develop communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in Agile, collaborative environments
- Use IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
Our internship program will be based in-person in these locations:
- Cambridge, MA
- New York, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Demonstrate quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
- Can work on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Can translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Demonstrate leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems
- Have initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM