SAP Supply Master Data (SMD) Functional Consultant
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Provide expert level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design. Responsible for designing/configuring business processes in SAP SCM Supply Master Data (SMD). Requires strong organization and communication skills and knowledge of SAP functional areas. Introduces innovative approaches and methodologies for processes and support systems. This position requires experience in Supply Master Data (SMD) interfaces and requirement changes, assisting in the development of functional requirements and specifications and coordinating functional testing of Supply Master Data interfaces and processes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least Ten (10) or more years of SAP experience.
• Possesses Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in one or more functional/module area - primarily SAP SCM Master Data Governance (MDG) (SMD)
• Knowledge of and experience with DoD and specifically Navy ERP preferred.
• Requires strong organization and communication skills.
• Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
• Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
• May supervise others.
Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as ECC, SCM, SRM, etc. (in a Tier 3 environment) is preferred.
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelors Degree.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
• Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM