Education Technology Support Consultant (2106050)
Education Technology Support Consultant - ( 2106050 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Education Technology Support Consultant is expected to provide world-class technical support to North Carolina K-12 teachers and school administrators. Using a unique mixture of solutions-oriented technical support and customer service techniques, the ending result is maximum customer satisfaction.
This position ensures customer and client expectations are exceeded by providing Information Technology support and services to end-users of the Home Base Instructional Improvement System, which is based on Pearson Schoolnet software. The Education Technology Consultant will be extensively trained in this application.
This position will be responsible for resolving incoming telephone and e-mail requests for technical assistance, documenting incident information in support tickets, and diagnosing and resolving the incidents.
Core Job Responsibilities :
- Provide world-class support and service to customers, adhering to defined processes and quality standards.
- Provide accurate and detailed logging, ticketing, and tracking of all telephone and email requests in the ServiceNow and SalesForce Incident Management Systems.
- Provide application support to customers, pertaining to software functionality, incident resolution, and system configuration.
- Provide accurate, timely, and professional resolution or appropriate escalation of all issues.
- Provide timely and professional follow up on all incidents and service request.
- Instill confidence and build competence in customers.
- Research resolutions using a variety of manuals and online resources.
- Contribute to overall success of the customer, the support team, and the company.
- Achieve established goals and objectives.
- Accurately complete and submit weekly time sheet.
- Adhere to departmental attendance policy, and obtain approval for requested time off before taking it.
- Comply with policy and process requirements.
- Read and understand department communication, emails and technical notes in a timely manner.
Case Management Expectations:
- Document and log support issues and subsequent resolution in Remedy Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Escalate issues that extend beyond consultant’s expertise.
- Close or escalate cases with-in two hours of initial call.
- Respond to customer replies within 24 hours from the time the Case Status changes to Response Received.
- Attempt to gain agreement with the customer prior to closing the case.
- Document all live conversations and email correspondences with the customer in a Case Comment.
- Use the appropriate spelling, grammar, or punctuation in fields visible by the customer.
- Provide a clear, concise, and detailed list of actions taken to resolve an issue in the Conclusion field.
- Maintain the correct status designation for owned Cases.
- Document detailed troubleshooting steps for all cases that are escalated to the next tier of support.
- Document all required fields valid values within the CRM.
Personal Development Responsibilities:
- Understand and work towards performance and career goals documented in periodic evaluations. (Take ownership of personal and professional growth.)
- Understand assigned goals.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Average Handle Time (AHT) - Average amount of time spent per interaction, including Average Call Duration (ACD), Hold time, and After Call Work (ACW) metrics.
- Quality Assurance - Policy and process adherence as measured by the QA program.
- First Call Resolution - The ratio of cases closed vs. escalated.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $15.00 – 24.00/hr. This position is not bonus eligible.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with a concentration in instructional technology, computer science, information technology or related area.
- At least 1 year of experience in the information technology field.
Additional Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience with supporting K-12 education student systems or other browser-based computer applications.
- Familiarity with trouble-shooting application problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with superior listening skills.
- Team-oriented and willing to take initiative when necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of computer applications and documentation.
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Project/Programme Management
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 28, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106050