Cyber Essential Consultant - FTC ( R-00068036 )
DescriptionJob Description:UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL...
We are in search of a Cyber Essentials Consultant to join our team. Candidates must already be SC cleared or be willing to undergo SC Clearance
This is a fixed term contract (FTC) opportunity until March 2025.
About Leidos Europe
Leidos Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos Inc. We are proud to have been awarded The Logistics, Commodities & Supplies Transformation (LCST) Contract from the Ministry of Defence. This is a challenging, IT driven program which has revolutionized the military supply chain within the UK and is driving cost savings to the customer which are predicted to reach multiple hundreds of millions of pounds by the time the contract completes.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
As mentioned, Leidos Europe has revolutionised the military supply chain within the UK and, on behalf of Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), manages the companies which supply the UK Armed Forces. Electronic Attack from the ‘cyber arena’ is a significant threat not just to the MOD and Leidos but also to the companies which make up that supply chain. The second-order effects of a cyber-attack on a supplier would quickly be felt by the UK Armed Forces and so Leidos Europe is seeking to improve the ‘cyber awareness’ and defensive posture within the supply chain.
This aim of this role is to leverage the knowledge and experience of Leidos Europe and the successful applicant to increase the number of companies within the supply chain who hold Cyber Essentials by educating, encouraging and supporting those companies through the process of applying for and gaining cyber essentials.
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Knowledge of the Cyber Essentials certification scheme
- Knowledge of IT Governance Processes
- Defining security requirements and design solutions, providing guidance and direction related to security technologies
- Performing analysis on security collected data and test results
- Identifying and implementing security design and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related documentation
- Defining and developing cybersecurity requirements, design, and architecture artifacts, strategy, plans, and policies
- Perform and/or provide guidance and oversight on vulnerability assessments
- Work with the Technology development and network teams to implement appropriate security solutions and tools based on the level of risk identified
- An understanding of network administration & network security Technology Skills/Experience
Communication & Soft Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas across a range of different audiences (junior team members, peers, technical professionals, bid teams, vendors, and customers)
- A good level of commercial awareness
You Might Also Have:
- Knowledge of the UK Government/MOD Accreditation Process
- Experience of teaching or instructing in a technical subject
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range: