Sr. Cloud Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our business relies on Network systems for managing Customer Experience and generating new Revenue opportunities based on 5G, MEC, and IOT markets.
Our business partners have high expectations for our Network Systems platforms; speed, responsiveness, high availability, reliability, scalability and security. That’s where you come in. You will work as a Sr. Cloud Engineer demonstrating your subject matter expertise and technical leadership skills.
This platform is responsible for processing extremely critical and sensitive networks and users related information from 4G, 5G, MEC, wireline networks. These are used for billing, legal, network performance and optimization purposes and in some cases via AI/ML technologies.
The Data Mediation platform is undergoing a Digital Transformation. Six on-premise cloud clusters have been built across three locations. The latest state of the art technology stack has been deployed and a refined event-driven system architecture is being developed.
In parallel, Data Engineering vertical is being set up to deploy AI/ML based predictive analysis engines for our Network Planning and Operations team.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will take charge and help build a next generation application software. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and owning the application and module - Design, Develop and Integrate.
- Working with the network data and developing the analytics, insights, and use cases along with business partners.
- Leading and developing the analytics use cases and the on-premise cloud platform.
- Engaging in high visibility strategic cross functional projects and completely own solution delivery focusing on quality, time, business expectations and budget.
- Creating design and set-up of new environments to demonstrate proof of concept. Understand new technologies and new use cases.
- Designing, implementing and testing optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs and also lead and guide team members.
- Performing reviews and ensures the software complies to Quality, SRE and other compliance requirements.
- Provide critical support to our system users and act as a liaison between operations support and the business users.
- Supporting the Operations Team by investigating and resolving trouble tickets entered by the end users community.
- Monitoring key metrics and system heath and quickly identify and resolve problems.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with large scale distributed on-premise and cloud based architectures - application and deployment.
- Experience in Java, Python, and Containers (Kubernetes).
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree.
- Experience with building real-time applications and use cases which leverage streaming data.
- Expertise on cloud-native frameworks - Flink, Pulsar/Kafka Message Bus, S3 Object Storage, Oracle RAC, no-sql database, Redis/Memcache caching solutions, ELK, Prometheus, etc.
- Innate curiosity and passion for learning wireless technology, K8S etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and drive the peers through ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather and organize data and develop solutions.
- Ability to be agile to meet the Business priorities and expectations and create high quality, delightful, polished user experiences.
- Ability to work in a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.
- Data Engineering and Data Analytics experience.
- Cloud certifications.
- Experience with DevOps tools, techniques, and growth mindset.
- Experience of 3GPP Radio and/or Core network architecture (4G and 5G domain - PGW, CHF, UPF), Multi-Access Edge Compute (MEC).
- Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and event driven architecture.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.