System Administrator Level II-V - Department of Energy (DOE) - CNS/Pantex
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
System Administrator – Pantex- Amarillo, TX
Work must be performed on the Pantex site. No telework. The Pantex 9/80 work schedule will be followed.
- Candidate will be responsible for standing up a high-performance computing cluster at the Pantex Plant.
- This will include the installation of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system as well as the necessary networking required to have the system be accessible over the enterprise unclassified network.
- The operating system will need to meet the requirements included in the Baseline Risk Assessment.
- Once the operating system is installed, the candidate will install modeling and simulation software, including ALE3D and HOSS, then verify and validate the installation using known physics problems included in the software distribution.
- Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and performs data recoveries.
- Recommends hardware and software upgrades according to growth statistics and disk space forecasts.
- Configures hardware, such as workstations, printers, servers, and tape devices.
- Provides technical support for system users. Performs work independently.
- Considered a high-level specialist who regularly interacts and works with senior management. Uses advanced techniques, theories, and processes to complete work.
- BA/BS degree plus minimum of 2-10 years of relevant professional experience required, or a master's degree.
- Experience should include linux administration, network administration, cyber security, as well as enterprise architecture.
- This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. If determined as such, this position would be identified as a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in addition to the pre-employment drug screen.
- Pre-employment Drug Screen - external applicants selected for this position are required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
- Medical Exam(s) - Job related pre-placement medical examinations may be required for this position.
- Active DOE Q clearance required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Clearance: DOE Q
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00555