System Administrator (TS/SCI)
Work Where it Matters
Akima Systems Engineering (ASE), an Akima Company, is not just another federal systems support contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASE, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, ASE provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, ASE delivers solutions in maritime IT, systems engineering, and integration across the Department of Defense and stands ready to help improve operational performance at a reasonable and sustainable cost.
As an ASE employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Our successful candidate will perform all Systems Administrator duties providing direct support to enterprise networked systems and managing Microsoft server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in a DoD enterprise environment.
- Install, administer, and maintain Windows servers, workstations, desktops, laptops, and basic cabling, etc., as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations; basic understanding of and experience with Active Directory.
- Applies/Administers systems analysis techniques and procedures in support of Active Directory services; performs software functional specifications for member servers and storage. Consults with users to integrate new technologies into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of enterprise systems.
- Determine isolation and resolution of hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, and/or any combination thereof.
- Perform account maintenance, data integrity, and file system security for the desktop environment. Assists in testing, creating/modifying of computer programs in support of Army Intelligence Command and subordinate units.
- Utilize manual checks, GUI-based, and command line tools (PowerShell) to troubleshoot and remediate basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues on assigned systems, networks, Active Directory.
- Execute system readiness assessments; documents, collects, reviews, and stores server log files to machine operating systems to identify and remediate system issues.
- Document system configurations and propose and/or implement system changes.
- Apply security patches, IAVAs, STIGS, and updates (including operating system updates) for all assigned systems.
- Assist Service Desk technicians as needed with Tier I and Tier II troubleshooting and patching of desktop systems, software (MS Office, Java, Adobe), printer issues, and server related issues as needed.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day-to-day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, and clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Active DOD TS/SCI (as recorded in DISS).
- High School diploma/GED with 2 or more years experience.
- Currently possess DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II.
- Must have one of the following: Security CE, CCNA Security, SSCP, GICSP, GSEC, CySA , or CND.
- Currently possess MCSA 2016 or Microsoft Azure Administrator computing environment certification (or must be obtained within 90 days of start date).
- Ability to frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position computer/network equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
- As needed, will be required to drive vehicle to perform tasks at satellite facilities in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Skills or Certifications related to MCSA: Windows 10 and/or MCSE: Server 2016 will be helpful in this job.
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments independently (i.e., with minimal assistance) with ability to provide over the phone troubleshooting.
- Experience with IT Service Management ticketing software (SCSM, ServiceNow).
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 processes (certification preferred).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASE00614