System Administrator (Intermediate)
Work Where it Matters
Akima Data Management (ADM), an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ADM, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, ADM provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, ADM delivers agile and innovative cloud and IT services and solutions that enable mission dominance.
As an ADM employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
ADM is looking for a Systems Administrator (Intermediate) to work in Alexandria, VA. The Systems Administrator (Intermediate) shall manage the operation of business systems that may be mainframe-, mini-, or client/server based. The contractor shall troubleshoot computer-related problems and, as necessary, contact appropriate service representatives to resolve systems problems. The contractor shall install hardware and software, as needed. Furthermore, the contractor shall perform backups, database administration, and file recovery. The contractor shall also optimize system operation and resource utilization and perform system-capacity analysis and planning. The contractor shall help users with access and use of business systems.
- Provide overarching Electronic Records Management System (ERMS) and cloud system architecture and engineering support encompassing technical and analytical expertise to support development and staging environments, Azure, and other cloud migrations and System/Project Documentation.
- Administers, develops, runs tests, implements, and maintains operating system and related software.
- Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and performs data recoveries.
- Recommends hardware and software upgrades according to growth statistics and disk space forecasts.
- Provides technical support for system users.
- Performs work under general supervision.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree with two to four years of relevant experience.
- Active certifications such as Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect, Oracle Linux 8 System Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer, CompTIA Server , or VMWare Certified Professional- Data Center Virtualization (VCAP-DCV) are desired for system administration support.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ADM00590