A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you’ll love your career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role requires you to work:
Sun-Tuesday, every other Saturday working 6pm to 6am MDT. NIGHT SHIFT
Knowledge within client’s environment (on-prem/Cloud) to perform Daily lower-level engineering task of system administration related solutions for various operational needs.
Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, some peripherals, services, settings, directories, analyze storage requirements, etc.
Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, templates.
Working on the OpenShift platform including some orchestration and management
Contribute to and maintain system standards and documentation for clients.
A communicator who utilizes critical thinking skills to know when to inform, lead and listen to drive our business forward.
Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
Provides clear and concise communication to Management regarding opportunities, solutions and progress.
A bridge builder with other Managed Services groups (Service Desk, L3 Engineering, CSM) providing excellent and timely customer experiences.
Train new team members as well as train on new processes or support activities.
Perform ongoing performance tuning, and resource optimization as required. (Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required)
Automate anything and everything, and spend a lot of time doing
Perform general network troubleshooting and operational maintenance of large-scale Router, Switch and Firewall deployments in a multi-vendor environment
Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of severe incidents/outages impacting servers or network with minimum support from management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to work:
- Sun-Tuesday, every other Saturday working 6pm to 6am MDT. Night shifts. Experiences working on night shifts.
- Minimum of three years of system administration experience
- Must be able to work 6pm -6am MDT any day of the week
- Must have hands-on experience with OpenShift
- Familiarity with most system administration tools and processes in latest versions of Windows and Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU, etc); for example, ability to boot/shut down a machine, add and remove user accounts, use backup programs and fsck or chkdsk, manage shared resources (e.g., file systems, printers), add a workstation to a network, mount remote file systems, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases, usermanager).
- Must understand Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of system configuration management using modern declarative tools. (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, or similar network certification (CCNA, PCNSA, etc)
- AWS cloud certification
- RedHat OpenShift certifications
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM