Senior System Administrator ( R-00041700-OTHLOC-1724 )
The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Linux Administrator in Aberdeen, MD.
This position provides Senior level Linux Systems administration support for all equipment, servers, and appliances for C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with managing the project execution for the evaluation of new technologies for life cycle replacement and potential future use.
- Coordinate with local change and control boards and provide installation, configuration, engineering, administration, and accreditation documents/diagrams for the infrastructure life cycle replacements upgrades, enhancements, and new technology deployments
- Coordinate with Operations and Engineering and provide technical support for all in-line devices to include Taps, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS), Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS), and other in-line devices impacting the security monitoring of networks
- Create and update infrastructure and rack elevation diagrams
- Maintain Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance on all security devices
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment
- Lead systems engineering efforts for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches engineering and configuration management processes
- Actively mentor junior system administrator personnel and reinforce adoption of best practices
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
- Identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Promote and drive research and implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience (4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification prior to starting
- Significant knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- Comfortable scripting or writing code in Python, bash, PowerShell, or other popular and common language to perform daily tasks or configuration management
- Proficient in using Linux command line interfaces
- SIEM or Server/OS administration certification
- Deep understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Must be available for on-call support, as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- Experience and familiarity with change control processes
- Ability to both create and understand network topology and rack elevation diagrams
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret and be eligible for an interim TS OR have an active DoD TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.