Senior System Administrator ( R-00051398 )
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Pandemic Paid Leave, Parental Paid Leave and a 20k Sign on Bonus for this role!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD. The Systems Administrator will support a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
An experienced System Administrator with both Linux and Windows expertise is needed provide support for complex Mission Systems. The candidate will need a proactive attitude, strong customer service skills, and high energy and initiative.
- User account management, administration, access/controls and support
- Installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals
- Kernel parameter and disk partition modification
- Client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, network administration troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Provide regression testing on new software releases
- Perform periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities
- TS/SCI with polygraph clearance required
- Bachelors Degree is highly desired but is not required
- In lieu of Bachelors Degree, experience will be considered on a case by case basis
- Five (5) or more years of system administration and/or engineering experience with computer systems.
- Related Certifications will count toward experience requirement
- This position requires experience with both LINUX and WINDOWS System Administration
- VMware experience
- Virtualization experience (VMware vCenter, ESXi, KVM)
- A minimum of 5 years system administration experience with computer systems
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 2 years scripting experience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 2 years experience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities
- Centrify experience is desired.
- Ansible experience is desired.
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Experience with IAVA patching
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon storage, NiagaraFiles (NiFi) dataflow.
- Knowledge of networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat), NFS, SMB, and OpenLDAP.
- Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, perl scripting.
careers.leidos.com/CSSCOSExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range: