Senior System Administrator ( R-00053933-OTHLOC-PL-2D2817 )
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Works with Mid-level and Jr level systems administrators on the project to meet schedule and milestones
- Sometimes will be assigned to projects that need to meet a particular enhancements to the system
- Participates heavily in the technical activities associated day-to-day activities, as well as working closely with the UK Production team.
- Receives assignments from the Team Lead and Team Architecture Engineer for taskings.
- Must have an understanding how to troubleshoot and navigate around the environment in support of the Test and Development environments.
- Supports the UK Production team as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining current patching levels on all equipment as well as supporting security policies and procedures on the Test and Development environment.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Develops resolutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Willingness to meet the schedule demands from the engineering team as well as meet the needs the developers, testers, and individuals supporting the production environment
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience as a System administrator with a strong Linux background, also knowledgeable in Windows environment
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Administer backups and diagnose backup errors via NetBackup
- UNIX and Linux system administration. Patching, package installation, etc… Includes monitoring and trouble shooting.
- Experience with host based firewall configurations, iptables / firewalld
- VMware VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
- Experience with NAS appliance, specifically Dell Unity. Also experience with NFS clients of NFS mounts.
- SAN experience with Brocade switches and Dell EMC storage arrays.
- Understanding of storage configurations including LVM, use of multipathing to SAN storage.
- Experience with LDAP and MS Active Directory.
- General network experience for configurations and trouble trouble-shooting at a server level. Preferred understanding of packet capture process and analysis.
- Experience and understanding of server clustering.
- Amazon Web Services
- Strong background or knowledge in servers, storage, and networking
- ITIL Certification Experience with monitoring cloud-based applications and infrastructure, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS training preferred.
- Experience with shell scripting, Bash, etc..
- Familiar with Ansible and preferred creation of scripts and playbooks.