System Administrator, Senior ( R-00056279 )
Leidos is searching for a Systems Administrator, Senior supporting QITC.
A Senior System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and is able to prioritize work and identify high-risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
The Contractor shall provide operating system administration for the current MS supported Windows Operating Systems (OS) including the related software such as Internet Information Services (IIS) with each OS. The Contractor shall provide basic system administration activities and immediate troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the National Service Desk (NSD) to ensure outages or incidents have been identified and are pending resolution within 24 hours for 2000+ Windows servers.
In support of OS system administration support the Contractor shall:
- Use automated TRM approved provisioning tools (Orchestra or equivalent) to install operating systems on virtual servers.
- Follow existing SOPs
- Configure system and file systems in accordance with SOPs.
- Configure and implement backup client software.
- Install layered systems software, such as IIS, .Net, MS-SQL, Apache, Web Logic, Oracle Client, per instructions in SOPs.
- Maintain existing operating systems.
- Patch OS on a monthly cycle with defined patch set per SOPs.
- Monitor and maintain adequate file system space for the operating system and application files.
- Administer service accounts and passwords.
- Monitor logs and system error logs. Remediate where skilled; elevate to more experienced administrators where necessary.
- Implement security hardening requirements and configurations per from VA counterpart instructions outlined in Service Requests and Change Orders.
- Troubleshoot incidents and problems.
- Participate in troubleshooting / fault isolation teams to determine problem or issue.
- Work with other support Contractor maintenance/support’s lines and open a case after 30 minutes of researching problems without success in resolving the issue, and engage more experienced system administrators to review situation.
- Correct OS related incidents and problems during coordinated maintenance windows based on instructions defined in ticket and maintenance plan.
- Support general activities.
- Perform work tasks as instructed within CA’s SDM change orders, service requests, incident and/or problem tickets.
- Communicate to project managers, team members, other technical administrators and/or end users the status of work performed and findings with tickets, incidents, and problems.
- Use administrative tools such as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for monitoring and administering Windows servers.
- Support alternate shifts to include swing and mid shifts, and, if appropriate, ensure that respective
- Contractor shifts and Government shifts are aligned. Swing shift begins mid-afternoon and mid
- shift begins around midnight.
- The Contractor shall also:
- Monitor and maintain monthly patching using various system and app logs. Use automated tools for checking on patch status per individual servers.
- Provide first and second responder action as defined in support SOPs for email and service desk alerts regarding system performance and degradation.
- Perform a visual check of all hardware components monitoring fault indicator lights and area temperature once nightly.
- Mid shift shall provide an email at the end of their shift sent to the Windows Team Leads defining any problems, incidents, or major activities that occurred through the night.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance - Required
- Experience as a Windows System Administraton
- Experience with administrative tools such as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for monitoring and administering Windows servers
- Experience with layered systems software, such as IIS, .Net, MS-SQL, Apache, Web Logic, Oracle Client, per instructions in SOPs.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly motivated to learn new technology.
- Interpersonal skills