Linux System Administrator ( R-00066471 )
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments and more. If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Linux System Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD.
- Support for a team of developers, operating primarily on MASH cloud resources
- Support teams charged with the design, development, maintenance, and improvements to system software and applications for Search and Survey systems
- Research and recommend software tools, network devices and processes
- Experience with Linux (version 7 or higher) Linux Administration
- Red Hat OpenStack/Centos MASH experience
- Install Patch and update Linux VM systems
- Infrastructure Management: Install and configure MASH VM Servers
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing computer environments
- Performing routine audit of systems and software
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Ensure STN / STE compliance and system hardening requirements are met
- Install and configuring new hardware and software
- Add, remove, or update user account information, resetting passwords, etc
- Answer technical queries and assist developers and end users
- Responsible for security of the system
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system
- System performance tuning
- Configure, add, and delete file systems
- Build new development, test and production environments
- Install and configure infrastructure applications and support application integration.
- Assist Systems Engineers with the analysis of user and system requirements and constraints.
- Maintain Linux-based systems as well as software backups and software development management tools. Utilize scripting tools to assist with routine system administrator tasks. Perform system updates, backups, anti-virus package installations and create and maintain user accounts.
- Configure and maintain network communications devices (e.g. routers, firewalls). Troubleshoot network problems.
- Provide technical support to system integration efforts in the lab and during field installations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline
- 8 or more years related experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience computing delivery system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Providing problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems. Providing support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing delivery systems. Administering users system access to meet security requirements. Monitoring system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in SIGINT system development, integration or test & Proficiency
- A minimum of 5 years of computer operating system experience with LINUX based platforms including scripting and automation
- A minimum of 5 years of computer networking experience including node configuration and management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with router, firewall and other network communications equipment configuration, maintenance and management
Demonstrated experience in the following applications and processes:
- Linux System Administration – CENTOS/Red Hat
- PXE-Booting and Kickstart configuration
- IAVA Patching including POA&M Generation, Mission Outage Coordination, and Rollback Planning
- Experience with SEAR, UAM, EPO, VSEL, along with Nessus and TLS Compliance scanning and reporting
- PKI Server Certificates, LDAP Integration, SSP Maintenance and Updates
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience providing LINUX support in a production environment
- Using Git for configuration management
- Installing Ansible and writing/editing/implementing Ansible playbooks
- Writing/maintaining shell scripts
- System management and control experience related to system hardening, STN/STE requirements
- Storage and file management including volume administration
- Installing, upgrading, patching, debugging and managing a multi-node Kubernetes cluster running Docker/Containers
- Docker and Docker registries
- Mongodb and/or mysqldb
- Beer Garden open source framework
- Kubernetes cluster monitoring tools.
- Gitlab CI/CD for automated code building and installation.