HPC System Administrator II - Linux (37182)
Amentum is currently seeking an HPC System Administrator II to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The HPC System Administrators will provide on-site and off-site scripting, administration, and integration support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
- Work on independent tasks (e.g., installation, upgrades, troubleshooting) within a team administering HPC systems.
- Experience administering Linux operating systems (e.g., RHEL, Debian, Centos, Fedora).
- Experience scripting (i.e. shell, python, perl) for system administration tasks.
- Familiarity with the HPC ecosystem (e.g., schedulers, filesystems, compiler licenses) is desirable.
- Experience with system administration in a clustered environment is desirable.
- Must be a U.S citizen
- Ability to be cleared at the TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q/L level and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience relative to the requirements OR Associates degree and 7 years of related experience OR High school / GED and 10 years of related work experience.
- Experience as a Linux Sys Admin performing activities such as installation, system integration, image development, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in complex environment
- Demonstrated experience in hardware systems analysis to determine system requirements, define system design (integrating hardware and software requirements), develop system architectures, and assess functionality and performance of systems).
- Active DOE security clearance.
- Experience scripting (i.e. shell, python, perl) for system administration tasks. Familiarity with the HPC ecosystem (e.g., schedulers, filesystems, compiler licenses).
- Experience with system administration in a clustered environment.