Lead AR - VR System Engineer ( 595610-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Are you excited in contributing to next gen emerging technologies, if so the Lead AR/VR System Engineer role would be ideal to prove your innovative skills. This is a hands-on technical role who has expertise in developing XR (both AR and VR) application, specially in distributed cloud computing and programming, Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC), 4G / 5G Wireless technologies and streaming technologies. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Emerging Technology Team lead some of the efforts related to Metaverse as part of Device Technology product development organization. The role requires candidate to collaborate with internal and external teams to drive technical objectives and deliverables. The XR developer must be hands on, resourceful, work on various initiatives, be capable of:
- Achieving complex e2e XR (both AR and VR) projects (functional, performance and test) for Smartphones, AR glasses and VR goggles.
- Deliver meaningful customer experience applications that can be monetized.
- Build strong relationships across a network of internal and external collaborators with the intention of driving scalable and sustainable solutions.
- Create requirements based on customer needs and develop, define and document end-to-end architectures and specifications to scale use cases that require computing power beyond what is available in a standalone device.
- Communicate to key stakeholders and gain consensus that the specifications meet the technical requirements and business expectations.
- Make effective and intentional recommendations and communication with peers and management to ensure interdependencies are managed and all expectations are set.
- Research & evaluate 3rd party suppliers for E2E technology solutions.
- Create SOW’s (Statement of Work) to drive solutions with suppliers.
- Understand the product life cycle and ensure technical and relevant business compliance.
- Overall, drive all actions with the end customer/user in mind.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Software development, and e2e software integration of XR (AR&VR) applications.
- iOS and Android application development.
- Familiar with AWS and Azure DevOps development environment and continuous integration.
- Hand on experience shipping projects in Unity 3D/Unity Engine for different platforms.
- Scripting, Animation, nested prefabs, scriptable objects, GUI styles, editor components, lighting, etc.
- Software development experience with C# and C++, Python, etc.
- 3D Object modeling manipulation (geometry, textures, animations, shaders, etc.).
- Proficient knowledge of source code management using GIT.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols and Libraries.
- App development experience with major vendors on AR glasses (VuZix, nReal, A3).
- App development experience with major vendors on VR glasses (HTC, Oculus, Hololens,MRTKz, Magic Leap).
- App development experience with major XR software players (Qualcomm’ Spaces, NVIDIA’s CloudX..)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).