Cloud Infrastructure Senior Engineer ( 598000-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Senior Engineer to join the Verizon Global Technology Solutions (GTS) Team. The individual will join our team and assist on Architecting, Engineering, and implementing an enterprise-wide Kubernetes platform to implement simple/automated Cloud adoption to containers platform to reduction of expenses as part of IT’s mission.
You will be joining a highly skilled K8s team providing technical guidance and direction for implementing modernization enhancements into the Kubernetes CaaS enterprise-wide environments. This individual will have a high level of technical expertise and daily hands-on implementation working in a product team developing services in two-week sprints using Agile principles. This entails programming and orchestrating the deployment of feature sets into the Kubernetes CaaS platform along with building Docker/cri-o containers via a fully automated CI/CD pipeline utilizing Jenkins, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Artifactory, Git, and/or Bitbucket.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have strong technical/analytical andinterpersonal skills. You have strong decision-making and leadership abilities. You have strong organizational and problem-solving abilities. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You have proven ability to work under pressure and deliver sound results.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience on Server and Cloud Virtualization technologies.
- Experience in large containerized computing environments utilizing Kubernetes.
- Experience with Docker containers for a large IT enterprise-wide environment.
- Experience and knowledge in Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud computing environments including the integration of compute technologies.
- Experience leveraging and managing CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, STASH, Git, Bitbucket, Artifactory, and Jenkins.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or other AWS certifications.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification.
- Knowledge and experience implementing/supporting Kubernetes
- Knowledge of containers and container management technologies(Docker, cri-o and Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of RHEL, CentOS, Alpine or any other Linux derivatives.
- Knowledge of Public Cloud architectures, configurations, services, and solutions (Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation, EC2, ALB/NLB, S3, ASG, CloudWatch, Lambda, Fargate)
- Knowledge of scripting and automation programming -- languages like Golang, Python, Perl, Bash.
- Knowledge of Application Architectures, microservices design, 12 factor applications.
- Knowledge of Configuration management tools like Ansible, Terraform.
- Experience with Datadog, Prometheus, or other monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of AWS EKS or Google GKE.
- Knowledge of information systems concepts, system administration, and cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of system design and hardware at an enterprise level.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).