Principal Cloud Platform Engineer - Openstack ( 600541-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Cloud Platform Operations Engineer is a senior-level position within our practice. You will perform tasks that are required to maintain and advance our cloud environment. This includes interfacing with tenants and peer support teams. To be a successful Principal Cloud Platform Operations Engineer,you will be proficient in system administration, network administration, and the virtualization disciplines of both subjects and excel in technical theory and documentation. You will participate in feedback loops withupstream resources that will shape company direction. You will embrace new technologies in order to support Verizon cloud strategies
- Leading in advancing the strategic directions of the platform.
- Being the point of escalation and building a rapport with external support teams, providing feedback and guidance in the evolution of the platform support and maintenance practices.
- Participating in a 7 day on call rotation that provides after hours support to cloud tenants.
- Building process and procedures through rigorous testing that result in published documentation.
- Providing advanced support for the Verizon Cloud Platform. Responsible for the OpenStack environment, the backend storage and the underlying network infrastructure.
- Effectively communicating with cloud tenants and on rare occasions external customers
- Troubleshooting failures and productivity impacting events.
- Leading Root Cause Analysis(RCA).
- Integrating tenants onto the OpenStack Platform, while developing and in-depth understanding of the client applications.
- Patching, updating and upgrading both hardware and software resources.
- Automating repetitive task using agile software development practices and tools such as Ansible, Puppet, BASH and Python Scripting
*This position will allow you to work from any Verizon location*
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Seven or more years of work experience.
Capability to both lead and follow, while being a key member of a positive work environment.
Git repositories with code that represents automation projects or collaboration with others.
Membership and extensive interaction with the OpenStack community and active participation in the core projects.
Five or more years of experience with networking concepts and protocols (include SDN, NFV).
Five or more years of experience deploying and supporting various distributions of OpenStack (RedHat, Canonical).
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $105,000 and $196,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).