Senior Cloud Engineer ( 600499-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As senior Engineer for Cloud platform you will work with senior leads and program managers to help in building solutions to enable the redesign of day-to-day wireline & wireless network operations functions required to support the SDN/NFV adoption, while incorporating newly defined DevOps functions, an end to end service assurance framework and automation principles to work towards a zero touch operating environment. You will also actively participate in meetings, program updates, and presentations to senior leaders (Director level). You will be responsible for:
- Operations and support for the Verizon Orchestration & Service Assurance platforms.
- Development and maintenance of internal monitoring and automation toolchain/platform which is used to support, monitor and manage the platforms and users of the platform. This includes building, executing and managing ATP automated test cases for the toolchain.
- Actively collaborate with Planning, ME and application teams towards operationalization and management of Verizon Service Orchestration Platform(VSOP) toolchain in the labs and production.
- Provides coverage for any operational issues. Ensure that platform outages are handled in accordance with predefined guidelines relative to ticket management, prioritization, documentation, escalation and its resolution.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of outage notifications on all outages to ensure that internal and external support organizations are well informed on the progress and status of platform outage events.
- Monitor and enforce adherence to SLAs and ensure that all internal metrics, performance based and non-performance based, meet or exceed their designated targets
- Generate and/or review various reports to investigate Reason for Outage and perform problem trending to identify chronic platform issues and work with vendors to get those addressed.
- Proactively work with other groups on the resulting data to minimize or eliminate future outages
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of various Cloud platforms.
- Work experience of Linux/Unix scripting.
- Experience with deployment or configuration management tools such as Ansible, Jenkins.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Development experience in a majority of the following areas: OpenStack CLI commands and administration, API development based on JSON, XML.
- Analytical skills, written and verbal communications skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of cloud-native application architectures.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).