Principle Cloud Engineer - Telecommute (107204999)
Our team provides Analytic Application development and support, Business Intelligence Solutions, Custom Reporting, and Consulting for Optum Payment Integrity. We provide data analytic development services that identify overpayments or recoveries for Data Mining, Coordination of Benefits (COB), Fraud Waste Abuse and Error (FWAE), and Subrogation. This position will develop new analytics, enhance existing analytics, and maintain and improve the applications that support these analytics using BigData tools, Azure, Pyspark, SCALA technology stack.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, code, test, document, and maintain high-quality and scalable Big Data, Cloud solutions
- Design, develop and implement analytics rules engines
- Application development using Pyral, React, Typescript and Node.JS
- Research, evaluate, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build sustainable Big Data platform
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement of existing solutions
- Define and develop APIs for integration with various data sources in the enterprise
- Analyze and define customer requirements
- Assist in defining product technical architecture
- Make accurate development effort estimates to assist management in project and resource planning
- Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts & design and code reviews
- Collaborate with management, quality assurance, architecture, and other development teams
- Write technical documentation and participate in production support
- Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate/Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience
- 5+ years of development experience with Pyspark, Python or Scala
- 2+ years of experience in at least one major cloud platform (Azure preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in BigData tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Kafka Streaming, Docker, Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience in MySQL, NoSQL databases (Cassandra / HBase preferred)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology/best practices
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Solid analysis, process, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Data Analysis experience
- Functional Testing experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.