Senior Cloud Engineer Telecommute (107431619)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Advisory Services operates on the intersection of strategy, business operations, data and technology to help our clients realize exceptional business value. We harness data and technology and use them to reimagine business transformations to design and architect solutions that help realize exceptional value for our clients. We are uniquely positioned to accelerate the value proposition for our clients across the healthcare ecosystem with our unwavering focus on making health system work better for everyone.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be a key technical resource to help design, evaluate, develop, and deliver cloud solutions to support a growing product. As part of this role, we are looking for someone who is passionate about DevOps, Security, monitoring system health, and deploying/supporting software and services. The technical domain of the cloud engineer includes understanding build automation, understanding of cloud infrastructure, and best practices for security, scalability, cost, and performance.
We are looking for a passionate professional preferably with more than 3+ years of experience with Cloud implementations and migrations. This individual should be self-driven with an ownership mindset and self-motivated to continuously learn and invest in personal development as well as keep abreast of leading-edge data management technologies in the industry.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with onshore and offshore product development teams
- Self-driven learner to keep pace with the emerging cloud technologies
- Over-time develop deep understanding of the core product and take on solution design responsibilities
- Ensure all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices and policies
- Remediate any security findings found in existing security tools
- Provide support for existing services in a DevOps environment
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery
- Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Comp:uter Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, evaluating, and/or implementing cloud solutions using GCP, Azure, or AWS (Azure preferred)
- 7+ years of experience working as part of data engineering teams through a product life cycle – requirements, design, development, testing and deployment including CI/CD and DevOps with constituent applications such as Jenkins or Azure DevOps etc.
- 7+ years of application development and software engineering experience in one or more programming languages such as Python/Scala/Java/C#
- Be willing to travel up to 50%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools and processes such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates.
- Experience with Kubernetes and CNCF projects.
- Experience with databases and/or storage systems - especially in the public cloud
- Experience executing with agile software development best practices
- Experience with public cloud migrations/transformations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.